The application for the 2020-2021 Obama Foundation Scholars Program is now open.
The 2020 Obama Foundation Scholars Program at Columbia University brings together rising leaders from around the world who have demonstrated a commitment to finding solutions to challenges in their communities, countries and regions. Over the course of an academic year, the Obama Foundation Scholars will have the opportunity to deepen their knowledge and skills and to build new capacities and networks that will accelerate their impact in their home countries.
The Obama Foundation Scholars Program at Columbia University seeks rising leaders from around the world who meet the following criteria:
- Have a proven commitment to service and leadership within a community, region or country outside the United States, coupled with a demonstrated commitment to return to these communities following their completion of the program and apply their enhanced training, skills and connections on a long-term basis for the benefit of these communities.
- Are emerging leaders who have made meaningful contributions to their field and are now at a “tipping point” in their careers.
- Are fluent in English (verbal, written and spoken).
- Have the ability and inclination to positively shape the future of their community.
- Have a demonstrated commitment to humility, integrity, exclusivity, stewardship, fearlessness, imagination and teamwork.
2020 Obama Foundation Scholars Program Benefits
- Monthly stipend to assist with living expenses in New York City
- A furnished studio apartment within walking distance of Columbia University
- All tuition and fees for up to four courses at Columbia University
- Basic medical, dental and life insurance for the duration of the program
- Air travel to and from home country and any program-related activities
- Leadership development program led by the Obama Foundation that will help scholars gain the real-world skills, tools and experiences to expand the impact of their work when they return home.
How to Apply:
Applicants are expected to submit a complete online application, and must include the following materials:
Complete online application form here
- Resume/curriculum vitae:
The resume/curriculum vitae should be a chronological listing of your employment and academic history, and other significant activities, including any awards, publications, or other achievements․
- Personal video statement:
The personal video statement should be a short video (no longer than five minutes in length) introducing the applicant and their work to the selection committee. Applicants will upload their video statement to a video hosting service, like YouTube or Vimeo, and will include a link to their video in the online application. Additional information on the requirements for the personal video statement can be found in the online application.
Bonus Post:- You May Also Apply For The Hague Innovation Challenge 2020 for Innovative Startups (€ 25.000 Prize)
- Responses to short essay questions:
The short essay questions help the selection committee understand the applicant’s work, their motivation and how the program fits into their career trajectory. Applicants will submit their essay questions in the online application.
- Proof of English proficiency
Applicants whose native language is not English are required to demonstrate proficiency in the English language by submitting scores from one of three exams: The internet-based or paper-based exams of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL); the International English Language Testing System (IELTS); or the Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic). No other exams will be accepted.
This requirement is waived for applicants who:
- have completed an undergraduate degree – not a master’s or graduate degree – in a country where English is an official language; or,
- have previously taken the TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE exams in the last five yearsand scored at or above the minimum requirement of 100 (TOEFL-IBT), 600 (TOEFL-PBT), 7.0 (IELTS), or 68 (PTE Academic).
If applicants qualify for a waiver under this exception, they must upload a scanned copy of their score report to the online application to ensure their application is eligible for review.
If they did not score the required minimum test score, or no longer have a copy of their old results, they must retake an English proficiency exam.
Application deadline to apply is 12:00pm EST on December 13th.
For More Information Visit the Official Webpage of the Obama Foundation Scholars Program 2020/2021
© copyright 2021 – All rights reserved