African Women’s Public Service Fellowship 2020, is made possible by donations from the Oprah Winfrey Foundation.
The the Oprah Winfrey Foundation programme for African women will help to expand the opportunity for African women to have great impact in their home countries public services.
The Fellowship programme will provide full tuition fees, housing, travel to and from the United States of America, and a small stipend to cover books and miscellaneous expenses.
Fellowship recipients commit to return to their respective home countries at the conclusion of the program with the goal of assuming a leadership position on the continent where they can meaningfully contribute to the challenges currently confronting Africa.
This fellowship is only available to degree-seeking students. Advanced professional certificate and non-degree programs are not applicable for this fellowship.
- Citizen and resident in an African country at the time of application
- Strong academic record
- Demonstrated commitment to public service
- A NYU Wagner education would significantly enhance your ability to have a deep and lasting impact on public service issues in your home country and region
- Applicable to the following programs:
- MPA Public & Nonprofit Management & Policy
- MPA Health Policy & Management
- Master of Urban Planning
- EMPA Public Service Leaders
How To Apply for The African Women’s Public Service Fellowship 2020
- Submit your Fellowship Application Essay along with your online application to NYU Wagner for Fall 2020.
- The Fellowship Application Essay is included in the fellowship section of the online application; there is not a separate application.
- Fellowship applicants must also submit the one-minute video essay in the application in order to be considered.
- Those selected as fellowship semi-finalists will be invited to participate in Skype interviews with the Fellowship Selection Committee in early-to-mid February 2020.
Scholarship Application Deadline: December 2, 2019.