Amelia Earhart Fellowship 2021 for Women in Aerospace/Mechanical Engineering: The Zonta International offers Amelia Earhart PhD Research fellowship for women of any nationality in Aerospace-related Sciences and Aerospace-related Engineering at any University or College offering Accredited Degrees.
About the Amelia Earhart Fellowship Award:
Zonta International established the Amelia Earhart Fellowship in 1938 in honor of legendary pilot and Zontian, Amelia Earhart. Today, the Fellowship of US$10,000 is awarded annually to 35 talented women, pursuing Ph.D./doctoral degrees in aerospace-related sciences or aerospace-related engineering around the globe.
Offered Since: 1938
Eligible Countries: Women from Any Country
To be taken at (country): Any University or College offering Accredited Degrees in any country.
Subject Areas: PhD/Doctoral degrees in Aerospace-related Sciences and Aerospace-related Engineering
- Women of any nationality pursuing a Ph.D./doctoral degree who demonstrate a superior academic record in the field of aerospace-applied sciences or aerospace-applied engineering are eligible.
- Students must be registered in a full-time Ph.D./doctoral program and completed at least one year of that program or have received a master’s degree in an aerospace-applied field at the time the application is submitted.
- Applicants must not graduate from their Ph.D. or doctoral program before April 2022.
- Please note that post-doctoral research programs are not eligible for the Fellowship.
- Members and employees of Zonta International or the Zonta International Foundation are also not eligible to apply for the Fellowship.
- Note that previous Amelia Earhart Fellows are not eligible to apply to renew the Fellowship for a second year.
You may also apply for the Unicaf Scholarship 2020 for Bachelor, Master’s & Doctoral Degree here.
Benefits of Fellowship:
- Fellowship of US$10,000 is awarded annually
- The Fellowship enables these women to invest in state-of-the-art computers to conduct their research, purchase expensive books and resource materials, and participate in specialized studies around the globe.
- Amelia Earhart Fellows have gone on to become astronauts, aerospace engineers, astronomers, professors, geologists, business owners, heads of companies, even Secretary of the US Air Force.
Duration of Fellowship:
One year (current fellows can reapply to renew the fellowship each year)
15th November 2020
How to Apply:
The Zonta International Amelia Earhart Fellowship Committee reviews the applications and recommends recipients to the Zonta International Board of Directors. All applicants will be notified of their status by the end of April.
Important Note: Please note that post-doctoral research programs are not eligible for the Fellowship. Members and employees of Zonta International or the Zonta International Foundation are also not eligible to apply for the Fellowship.