Bilateral Program – Chinese Government Scholarship – The Chinese Ministry of Education established the Bilateral Program 2021/2022 for International Students (Undergraduate, Masters, PhD) as a full or partial scholarship in accordance with educational exchange agreements or consensus between the Chinese government and governments of other countries, institutions, universities, or international organizations.
About the Bilateral Program : Chinese Government Scholarship.
Undergraduates, graduate students, general scholars, and senior scholars are all supported under the Bilateral Program. Undergraduate award recipients must enroll in credit courses taught in Chinese.
If applicable, graduate and non-degree scholarship students can enroll in either the Chinese-taught or the English-taught program.
Bilateral Program Eligibility:
- Applicants must be of excellent health and a citizen of a nation other than the People’s Republic of China.
The requirements for applicants’ degree and age are that applicants must:
- when applying for undergraduate programs, you must be a high school graduate under the age of 25;
- when applying for master’s programs, you must be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35;
- and when applying for doctorate programs, you must be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40.
- applying for the general scholar programs, you must be under 45 years old and have a high school diploma (or higher).
- if you are applying for the senior scholar programs, you must have a master’s degree or be an associate professor (or higher) under the age of 50.
Value of the Bilateral Program Award:
Full and partial scholarships are available through the Bilateral Program.
Duration of the Chinese Government Scholarship :
- Undergraduate students: 4-7years
- Master’s students: 2-5 years
- Doctoral students: 3-6 years
- General scholars: up to 2 years
- Senior scholars: up to 2 years
How to Apply for the Bilateral Program:
- Step 1: Apply to the sending authorities for a CGS opportunity to study abroad in your native country.
- Step 2 – After being approved as an eligible candidate by the dispatching authorities, apply to your chosen university for a Pre-admission Letter (you will receive an Award Letter for CGS Candidate).
- Step 3 – Log in to the CGS Information Management System for International Students (http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina or http://www.campuschina.org and click “Application Online” to log in), fill out the Chinese Government Scholarship Application Form online, and print a paper copy.
- For Instructions of CGS Information Management System for International Students and Agency Number, you need contact your home country’s dispatching authorities for overseas study.
- Step 4 – Before the deadline, submit all of your application paperwork to the dispatching authorities in your home country.
15th April 2021