Catto MSc & PhD Scholarships:- The Centre of African Studies, University of Edinburgh is pleased to announce the availability of 2 full scholarships for suitable applicants to study for an MSc in Africa and International Development and subsequent PhD in African Studies.
Catto MSc & PhD Scholarships
Successful applicants will start their studies in September 2021. These Scholarships were made possible through generous funding from the Stephen Gordon Catto Charitable Trust and will cover full fees as well as a monthly maintenance stipend throughout the one-year MSc and subsequent three years of PhD study.
MSc in Africa and International Development and a subsequent PhD in African Studies
- have received an excellent undergraduate degree (minimum of a high 2.1) in the social sciences from an accredited university in Africa (a Masters degree achieved with distinction will be an advantage).
- not have previously received a degree from a university outside Africa
- be a citizen of, and be normally domiciled in, an African country
- demonstrate commitment to studying for a PhD in African Studies
- demonstrate leadership potential and intention to maximize the impact of their research.
- have received an offer to study for the MSc in Africa and International Development and/or the PhD in African Studies at the University of Edinburgh.
Preference will be given to those studying conflict resolution, elections, technology, peace building and/or governance in African contexts, although the selection panel may consider other areas in the field of politics and international development.
To be Taken at: The Centre of African Studies, University of Edinburgh.
Value of Award:
1. A summary of your research proposal (maximum 2 pages).
2. A cover letter indicating your motivations, leadership experience and future plans (maximum 1 page).
3. An academic CV, clearly showing class of degree and previous educational achievements (maximum 2 pages).
4. 1 letter of reference.
Applications must be submitted in a single pdf document on or before 12: Noon GMT on March 30th, 2021 to [email protected]
© copyright 2021 – All rights reserved