DAAD PhD Scholarship 2020: – DAAD, the German Academic Exchange Service, in association with African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS), provides six in-region scholarships for a PhD programme in Mathematical Sciences. These scholarship are available to students wishing to commence a PhD programme at a South African University.
Scholarship Value :
Funds awarded by the scholarship must be used towards covering the costs of tuition fees, living expenses, medical insurance, books, stationery, research literature expenses, study permit and research.
DAAD PhD Scholarship 2020
Eligible Countries: Sub-Saharan African (excluding South Africa) countries
To be taken at (country): South Africa
- The African Institute for Mathematical Sciences, 6-8 Melrose Road, Muizenberg 7945, South Africa;
- Stellenbosch University,
- University of Cape Town,
- University of the Western Cape
Field of Study: Research fields considered include mathematical sciences.
Scholarship Type: PhD
- have successfully completed generally a two-year university degree (doctoral candidates) with above average results (upper forth of class)
- clearly show motivation and strong commitment
- have thorough knowledge of the language of instruction
- have completed their last university degree not more than 6 years ago at the time of application
- must be nationals or permanent resident of a Sub-Saharan African Country, excluding South Africa
- should generally be a) staff member of a public university, b) candidate considered for teaching or research staff recruitment, c) from the public sector
Female applicants and candidates from less privileged regions or groups are especially encouraged to participate in the programme.
Bonus Post:- You May Also Apply for the
DAAD In-Country/In-Region scholarship holders are also encouraged to apply for a research stay in Germany for 3 up to 6 months. Please note: The short-term research stay in Germany should preferably be announced in the application
for the regular scholarship and can only be awarded if the necessary financial means are available.
The short-term research scholarship includes:
- a monthly scholarship payment for living costs which amounts to 1.200 (PhD students) and 850 (Master students) EUR per month
- health/accident/personal liability insurance
- a flat-rate travel allowance
All further details regarding additional benefits and the additional application processes will be provided after admission to the scholarship programme.
Application Deadline: 8th November 2019.
Duration of Scholarship: The duration of the PhD programme is generally three years generally starting in January 2020.
How to Apply Please click here to apply.
Note: It is important to go through the Application and Selection Procedure in the Scholarship Webpage before applying.
Please note: Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For related queries, please email [email protected]
© copyright 2021 – All rights reserved