DAAD PhD Scholarships 2020 in Healthcare Management:- The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), in collaboration with the Initiative to Develop African Research Leaders (IDeAL), KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Program (KWTRP) and Strathmore University’s Institute of Healthcare Management, are offering DAAD In-Country/In-Region Ph.D. Scholarships for year 2020.
About the DAAD PhD Scholarships 2020 in Healthcare Management
Field of Study for this award is Ph.D. in Healthcare Management.
Citizens of a country in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Eligibility For The DAAD PhD Scholarships 2020
Candidates must meet following eligibility criteria:
- Be a national of a country in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Must have a Masters degree qualification with above average results.
- Must have proof of admission to Strathmore University for the PhD program or official letter assuring admission.
- Female candidates and candidates from less privileged regions or groups as well as candidates with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
Bonus Post: You May Also Apply for the Romanian Government Scholarships 2020/2021 for International Students
Benefits of the Award
The winners will receive:
- The award includes full tuition fees, a monthly stipend at DAAD rates and some contribution towards research costs. Please note that this is not a fully-funded position, as DAAD will only provide funding as stated in the program information sheet.
- The successful applicant will be registered at Strathmore University and supervised by renowned health systems researchers from Strathmore and KWTRP.
DAAD In-Country/In-Region scholarship holders are also
a) encouraged to apply for a research grant in Germany for 3 up to 6 months.
Please note: The short-term research stay in Germany should preferably be announced in the application for the regular scholarship and can only be awarded if the necessary financial means are available.
The short-term research scholarship includes:
- A monthly scholarship payment for living costs
- Health/accident/personal liability insurance
- A flat-rate travel allowance
b) invited to apply for different Summer Schools in Germany (four weeks).
All further details regarding additional benefits and the additional application processes will be provided after admission to the scholarship programme.
Duration of Award:
- PhD-scholarships are initially granted for one year and can be extended to a maximum of the regular period of study upon receipt of an application for extension.
- Scholars must demonstrate satisfactory progress before an extension is granted. The maximum period for the PhD is three years.
How to Apply:
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.
Application Deadline: 31st January 2020
© copyright 2021 – All rights reserved
Chinese Government Scholarship – Bilateral Program
Chinese Government Scholarship – Bilateral Program 2021/2022 for International Students (Undergraduate, Masters, PhD) is a full or partial scholarship established by Chinese Ministry of Education in accordance with educational exchange agreements or consensus between Chinese government and governments of other countries, institutions, universities or international organizations.
About the Chinese Government Scholarship – Bilateral Program:
The Bilateral Program supports undergraduate students, graduate students, general scholars and senior scholars. Undergraduate scholarship recipients must register for Chinese-taught credit courses.
Graduate and non-degree scholarship students can register for either the Chinese-taught program or the English-taught program if applicable.
- Applicants must be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health.
The requirements for applicants’ degree and age are that applicants must:
- be a high school graduate under the age of 25 when applying for the undergraduate programs;
- be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for the master’s programs;
- be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for the doctoral programs;
- be under the age of 45 and have a high school diploma (or higher) when applying for the general scholar programs;
- be a master’s degree holder or an associate professor (or above) under the age of 50 when applying for the senior scholar programs.
Value of Bilateral Program Award:
The Bilateral Program provides both full scholarships and partial scholarships.
Duration of Program:
- Undergraduate students: 4-7years
- Master’s students: 2-5 years
- Doctoral students: 3-6 years
- General scholars: up to 2 years
- Senior scholars: up to 2 years
How to Apply for the Bilateral Program:
- Step 1 – Apply to the dispatching authorities for overseas study of your home country for CGS opportunity;
- Step 2 – Apply to your target university for the Pre-admission Letter once recommended by the dispatching authorities as an eligible candidate (you will receive an Award Letter for CGS Candidate);
- Step 3 – Complete the online application procedure at CGS Information Management System for International Students (Visit http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina or http://www.campuschina.org and click “Application Online” to log in), submit online the completed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship, and print a hard copy. You should consult the dispatching authorities for overseas study of your home country for Instructions of CGS Information Management System for International Students and Agency Number;
- Step 4 – Submit all of your application documents to the dispatching authorities of your home country before the deadline.
15th April 2021
HEARD PhD Scholarship 2021 – See Easy Way to Apply
HEARD PhD Scholarship 2021 is open for applications from interested and qualified candidates. See details on how to apply below.
About the HEARD PhD Scholarship 2021:
The scholarship is aimed producing expertly qualified graduates to advise or to be part of influential policy-making or programme implementing entities in Africa, and to pursue additional research priorities.
Applications are invited from citizens of all African countries. Female candidates and, in the case of South Africa, those from previously disadvantaged backgrounds, are especially encouraged to apply.
Also candidates must:
- Hold a Master’s Degree in a pertinent subject or a first or upper second class degree together with a track record of professional experience in a health or health-related field.
- Have demonstrable research experience.
- Undertake to register for a PhD dissertation (full time) at the University of KwaZulu–Natal (UKZN).
- Make a commitment to remain on the African continent for at least TWO years after graduation.
To be Taken at (Country): South Africa
Value of HEARD PhD Scholarship 2021:
The value of each scholarship is R540, 000 and will be paid in equal tranches over three years and payments will be conditional on research progress.
Successful candidates are required to be based in Durban, South Africa, for the duration of the scholarship, with the exception of the time during which they may undertake field research elsewhere.
Duration of HEARD Scholarship:
The HEARD PhD scholarship will be for 3 years.
How to Apply for the HEARD PhD Scholarship 2021:
- A letter of motivation and CV.
- An eight to ten-page concept note on one of HEARD’s key thematic research areas: Sexual & Reproductive Health and Rights; Gender Equality and Health; Health Governance and Finance; and Health Systems Strengthening.
- Certified copies of both your academic qualifications and your full academic records. If qualifications were obtained from non-English speaking countries please ensure that an official English translation is included.
- A certified copy of your ID/passport.
- Two letters of reference, at least one of which must be academic. The second can be from an individual of professional standing.
- Applications must be submitted to Ms Cailin Hedderwick, PhD Programme Manager (Hedderwick@ukzn.ac.za) by 15 April 2021.
For More Information Visit the Official HEARD Scholarship Webpage Here.
Catto MSc & PhD Scholarships – University of Edinburgh
Catto MSc & PhD Scholarships:- The Centre of African Studies, University of Edinburgh is pleased to announce the availability of 2 full scholarships for suitable applicants to study for an MSc in Africa and International Development and subsequent PhD in African Studies.
Catto MSc & PhD Scholarships
Successful applicants will start their studies in September 2021. These Scholarships were made possible through generous funding from the Stephen Gordon Catto Charitable Trust and will cover full fees as well as a monthly maintenance stipend throughout the one-year MSc and subsequent three years of PhD study.
MSc in Africa and International Development and a subsequent PhD in African Studies
- have received an excellent undergraduate degree (minimum of a high 2.1) in the social sciences from an accredited university in Africa (a Masters degree achieved with distinction will be an advantage).
- not have previously received a degree from a university outside Africa
- be a citizen of, and be normally domiciled in, an African country
- demonstrate commitment to studying for a PhD in African Studies
- demonstrate leadership potential and intention to maximize the impact of their research.
- have received an offer to study for the MSc in Africa and International Development and/or the PhD in African Studies at the University of Edinburgh.
Preference will be given to those studying conflict resolution, elections, technology, peace building and/or governance in African contexts, although the selection panel may consider other areas in the field of politics and international development.
To be Taken at: The Centre of African Studies, University of Edinburgh.
Value of Award:
1. A summary of your research proposal (maximum 2 pages).
2. A cover letter indicating your motivations, leadership experience and future plans (maximum 1 page).
3. An academic CV, clearly showing class of degree and previous educational achievements (maximum 2 pages).
4. 1 letter of reference.
Applications must be submitted in a single pdf document on or before 12: Noon GMT on March 30th, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
© copyright 2021 – All rights reserved
Orskov Foundation Grants 2021 for Students in Developing Countries
Orskov Foundation Grants 2021 for Students in Developing Countries Orskov Foundation Grants 2021 The Orskov Foundation provides grants that help...
Oppenheimer Fund 2020/2021 to Visit University of Oxford
Oppenheimer Fund 2020:- Applications are invited from senior members of the University who wish either to visit one or more...
Mobility Grant at the University of Oldenburg in Germany, 2020
Mobility Grant 2020:- To help you to create your own path towards your dream career, the University of Oldenburg is...
Media Legal Defence Initiative (MLDI) Digital Rights Advancement Grants 2020 for Sub-Saharan African Countries
Digital Rights Advancement Grants 2020: Media Defence Centres About the Digital Rights Advancement Grants 2020 Award: MLDI has started a...
2020 Mobility Grants For BSc, MSc and PhD Students from Russia, South Africa, Iran, Indonesia and Vietnam
2020 Mobility grants:- Alliance 4 Universities call for applications for staff and student mobility with Russia, South Africa, Iran, Indonesia...
Welsh Government Wales for Africa Grant Scheme 2020 – Apply Now
Grants: The Welsh Government Wales for Africa Grant Scheme is open for application, and it will enable community groups and...
Studienbeihilfe Grants for Domestic and International Students at Austria, 2020
Postgraduate Grants for Domestic and International Students at Austria, 2020. Studienbeihilfe Grants for Domestic and International Postgraduate Students Applications are...
Eric Bleumink Funds for Developing Countries at University of Groningen 2020/2021 – The Netherlands
Eric Bleumink Fund 2020/2021:- The University of Groningen is offering research grants to students from developing countries wishing to undertake...
Global Network Initiative (GNI) Fellowship Program on Internet Freedom 2019 – Call for Applications
Global Network Initiative (GNI) Fellowship Program: Call for Applications:- Internews’ Global Technology team and the Global Network Initiative (GNI) warmly...
West African Research Center Travel Grant 2019
West African Research Center Travel Grant 2019 promotes Intra-African cooperation and exchange among researchers and institutions by providing support to...
Innopolis University 100% Study Scholarships
Russia Scholarships: Innopolis University is happy to offer successful candidates up to 100% scholarship and $200-600 monthly allowance to study Bachelor’s and Master’s degree...
Goi Peace Foundation International Essay Contest 2021 for Young People
Goi Peace Foundation International Essay Contest 2021:- The Goi Peace Foundation is now accepting entries from young people anywhere in...
National Life Science Competition 2021 For Nigerian Secondary School and Tertiary Institution Students
National Life Science Competition 2021 For Nigerian Secondary School and Tertiary Institution Students. National Life Science Competition The Science Communication...
African Union Continental Essay Competition 2021 for African Youths
African Union Continental Essay Competition 2021 for African Youths is open for application. The African Union (AU) is now accepting...
UBA Foundation National Essay Competition 2020 (₦6million in Prizes)
UBA Essay Competition 2020:- UBA Foundation, the corporate social responsibility arm of the United Bank for Africa (UBA) Plc, announces...
NANS Essay Competition 2020 for Secondary School Students | ₦400,000 in Cash Prizes
NANS Essay Competition 2020 for Secondary School Students is currently open for application. Award value is ₦400,000 in Cash Prizes....
Wole Soyinka Essay Competition 2020 for Young Leaders
Wole Soyinka Essay Competition 2020 for Young Leaders. The 11th edition of The Wole Soyinka Essay competition which is a...
Shell LiveWIRE ‘Top Ten Innovators’ Global Competition 2020 | Up to $30,000 in Prizes
Top Ten Innovators Global Competition 2020:- Applications are invited from eligible entrepreneurs for the Shell LiveWIRE ‘Top Ten Innovators’ Global...
Alibaba GET Global Challenge 2020: Digital Solutions During and Beyond COVID-19
Alibaba GET Global Challenge:- Alibaba Business School is now accepting entries from young budding entrepreneurs for its 2020 GET Global...
Wiki Loves Africa Photo Contest 2020 – Easy Steps to Apply Here.
Wiki Loves Africa 2020 Photo Contest:- Of all of the millions of subjects you can read about on Wikipedia, subjects...
Global Recycling Foundation – RecyclingHeroes Competition 2020 | $1,000 Prize
RecyclingHeroes Competition 2020 by Global Recycling Foundation is now accepting entries / nominations for its 2020 #RecyclingHeroes Competition. Global Recycling...
YouthLead Turning Point Contest 2020 for Young Changemakers
youthlead 2020 contest:- Participate and showcase your work globally! As a young changemaker, this YouthLead contest provides you with a...
Nigeria LNG (NLNG) Prize for Science 2020 | Up to $100,000 for Grab
NLNG Prize for Science 2020:- Nigeria LNG (NLNG) Limited invites entries for The Nigeria Prize for Science, in line with...
Nigeria Liquefied Natural Gas (NLNG) Prize for Literature 2020 | Up to $100,000 for Grab
NLNG Prize for Literature 2020:- Entries are hereby invited for The Nigeria Prize for Literature. The yearly literary prize is...
NITDA FutureHack 2020 Competition – Apply Now
NITDA FutureHack 2020 Competition:- The FutureHack is a national technology hackathon event, in which computer programmers and others involved in...
Tana Forum Annual University Essay Competition 2020
2020 Essay Competition:- The Tana Forum is an annual meeting that brings together African leaders and stakeholders to engage and...
Nelson Mandela World Human Rights Moot Court Competition 2020 for Law Students Worldwide
Nelson Mandela Competition:- You are cordially invited to participate in the 12th Nelson Mandela World Human Rights Moot Court Competition,...
St. Gallen Symposium Leader of Tomorrow Essay Competition 2020
Leader of Tomorrow Essay Competition is currently on. St. Gallen Symposium Leader of Tomorrow Essay Competition 2020 The St. Gallen...
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) 2019 Writing Competition III (3,000 USD cash prize)
ICRC writing competition III 2019: – The International Committee of the Red Cross is proud to organize for the third time...
Harvard Graduate School of Design’s 2020 Wheelwright Prize International Competition 2020 for early-career Architects ( $100,000 Travelling Fellowship)
Harvard Graduate School of Design’s 2020 Wheelwright Prize: The Harvard Graduate School of Design (Harvard GSD) is pleased to announce the 2020...
NHEF Scholarship Essay Competition 2019 for Nigerian Students
NHEF Scholarship Essay Competition 2019 for Nigerian Students:- Every year, the Nigeria Higher Education Foundation (NHEF) runs a Scholarship Essay...
Developing Country3 weeks ago
Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships
Africa1 week ago
Mandela Rhodes Foundation Scholarship
Uncategorized2 weeks ago
BBNaija Season 6 Application Form 2021 – Requirement, Audition Date and Venue
Masters2 weeks ago
Eira Davies Postgraduate Scholarships
Postgraduate7 months ago
870 Korean Government Scholarships 2021/2022 (Bachelors, Masters & PhD)for Developing Countries
Developing Country6 months ago
CICOPS Scholarships 2021 for Developing Countries – Apply Now
Developing Country3 weeks ago
Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program
Masters3 weeks ago
Saltire Scholarships by Scottish Government