Ecobank Fintech Challenge 2020 for African Start-ups. Winners will receive upto $22,000 in Cash Prizes.
Ecobank Fintech Challenge 2020
The Ecobank Fintech Challenge identifies and partners Fintechs that are ready to scale and provides them with support and access to Ecobank’s 33 African markets so they can grow to become true Pan African Fintech success stories.
The selected finalists participate in the Ecobank Fintech Innovation Fair, with the top 3 finalists winning cash prizes.
All finalists are inducted into the Ecobank Fintech Fellowship, which affords them the opportunity to explore deals, integration and commercial partnership with the Ecobank Group.
Ecobank Challenge Eligibility.
- Open to all Fintechs on the African continent.
- Ecobank is looking for products that offer solutions and innovations in the following areas:
- Digital customer onboarding (consumers, SME/Merchant, Investment Banking)
- Improve customer experience at branches
- Improve customer experience online
- Digitization of the customer journey.
You may also apply for the ALU Patoranking Scholarship Programme 2020 for Undergraduate African Students (Fully-funded).
Ecobank Fintech Challenge Benefits.
Become a finalist; get inducted as an Ecobank Fintech Fellow and stand a chance to explore the following opportunities:
- Once in a lifetime opportunity to pursue integration with Ecobank and potentially launch products in Ecobank’s over 30 markets across Africa.
- The top three winners at the Challenge will be awarded $10,000, $7000, and $5000 cash prizes respectively.
- Start-ups may be selected by Ecobank as local country-level partner in any of Ecobank’s 33 country ecosystem.
- Fellows will be given access to Ecobank’s APIs to test and improve their products for the pan-African market.
- Founders will be inducted as Ecobank Fintech Fellows, granting them access to networking and mentoring opportunities within the Ecobank Group and its vast network of global and African partners.
- The Challenge offers opportunities for Fintechs to potentially integrate with Ecobank’s existing digital offerings.
The existing digital offerings include Ecobank Omni, Ecobank electronic financial supply chain(eFSC), Ecobank Xpress, Ecobank Mobile APP or USSD, MasterPass
They’d like applicants to pitch how their solutions can add value to these existing Ecobank digital offerings.
How to Enter Ecobank Fintech Challenge.
What kinds of solutions can I submit?
Teams are to submit applications addressing one or more of the following challenges.
- Digital customer onboarding (consumers, SME/Merchant, Investment Banking).
- improve customer experience at branches.
- 360° view on customers and prospects of financial activities
- Digital Lending for SMEs
- SME/Merchants onboarding on payment integration
- Niche merchant aggregation
- Provide easy access to non-smart phone users
- Digital solution to improve performance of sales force
- Agency banking: solutions that enable agents to offer more services
- Offline Mobile to Mobile payments (Dead Zones)
Any other relevant product categories.
To Apply for this challenge, simply Click here (APPLY NOW).
Application deadline :not stated.
For More Information Visit the Official Ecobank Challenge Website Here.