Eiffel Scholarship 2021: The Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Programme was established by the French Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs to enable French higher education establishments to attract top foreign students to enroll in their master’s and PhD courses.
It helps to shape the future foreign decision-makers of the private and public sectors, in priority areas of study, and encourages applications from emerging countries at master’s level, and from emerging and industrialized countries at PhD level.
Eiffel Scholarship 2021 Field(s) of Study & Duration.
The Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Program is awarded to two types of studies:
- Masters level, for a duration between 12 and 36 months;
- Doctorate or PhD level, for research periods in France of up to 12 months, as part of a cotutelle or joint doctoral thesis supervision (preferably in 2nd year of PhD)
The four major fields of studies covered by Eiffel scholarships are:
- economics and management;
- engineering sciences at Masters’ level, sciences in the broad sense for the Doctorate/PhD level (engineering science; exact sciences: mathematics, physics, chemistry and life sciences, nano and biotechnologies, Earth, space and environmental sciences, information sciences and technologies and communication);
- political sciences.
The scholarship is fully funded.
You may also apply for the
Eiffel Scholarship Eligibility.
To be eligible for this scholarship opportunity, you must be a non-French national. Any candidate with two nationalities, one of which is French, will not be allowed to participate in this programme.
See more eligibility:
- for master’s level, candidates must be no older than 30 on the date of the 2020 Campaign, that is, students born after March 1988. At PhD level, candidates must be no older than 35 on the date of the 2020 Campaign, that is, students born after March 1983.
- Origin of applications: only applications submitted by French educational institutions are accepted. These institutions commit to enrolling scholarship holders on the academic program for which they have been selected.
- Applications submitted by any other means shall not be considered. Furthermore, any candidate nominated by more than one institution shall be disqualified.
- Levels of study: scholarships are granted to candidates wishing to enroll on a master’s program, including at an engineering school, and for PhD students.
- The Eiffel Program does not apply to French-run master’s programs abroad.
- It does not apply to training under an apprenticeship contract or a professional training contract.
- Scholarship incompatibilities: foreign students who, at the time of application, have already been awarded a French government scholarship from another Program, are not eligible, even if the scholarship only covers health insurance.
- Eiffel master’s scholarship: no application will be accepted for any student already rejected at an earlier application campaign, even if the application is submitted by a different institution or in another field of study.
- Students who have already been awarded an Eiffel scholarship at master’s level are not eligible to re-apply at master’s level.
- Eiffel PhD scholarship: Institutions may nominate a candidate who was previously awarded an Eiffel scholarship at master’s level for a scholarship at PhD level.
- Candidates who have already been awarded an Eiffel scholarship during their PhD cannot be awarded a scholarship for a second time.
- No application will be accepted for any student already rejected at an earlier application campaign, even if the application is submitted by a different institution or in another field of study.
- Language skills: when pre-selecting non-French-speaking candidates, institutions must make sure that their language skills meet the requirements of its academic program.
- Students studying at an academic program abroad have priority over those already living in France.
8th January 2021
How to Apply for Eiffel Scholarship:
To apply for the Eiffel Scholarship programme, simply see the official link below.
Campus France – Programme Eiffel
28 rue de la Grange-aux-Belles