Friedrich Naumann Foundation Scholarship for International Students.
Brief description and the Friedrich Naumann Foundation Scholarship:
The Friedrich Naumann Foundation Scholarship is open to qualified international candidates pursuing their first degree, whether in Master’s or PhD at a state or state-recognized higher-education institution in Germany, Switzerland or within the European Union.
The Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom is a foundation in the Federal Republic of Germany devoted to the promotion of liberal principles and to political education.
The goal of the foundation is to advance the principles of freedom and dignity for all people in all areas of society, both in Germany and abroad.
German, Swiss and other EU state or state-recognized universities and technical colleges
Level/Field(s) of study:
Full-time Masters and PhD degrees in any subject, except for the following: second degrees; LL.M, MBA; part-time degrees; bachelors degree for non-European applicants; doctorate studies in dentistry and medicine; postdoctoral programs; projects and separate stays abroad.
Number of Scholarships:
Undergraduate, Masters – not specified; Doctoral – 150
International students from all countries committed to the political ideas of the German liberal party and willing to take responsibility.
- The scholarship’s worth is up to € 850 per month. In addition, there is a contribution to health insurance.
- The Foundation also offers non-material support for projects, events and initiatives. The minimum funding period is 2 semesters.
- The scholarships do not have to be paid back.
- Funding is initially granted for 1 year. Extensions up to the end of the course can be granted on request.
- Study and research stays and internships abroad are not funded.
- The scholarship for the doctorate is up to € 1200 per month.
Applicants must have the following qualities:
• Talent: Candidates should have excellent academic or scientific records in their subject areas and well-rounded interests within school or university and beyond.
• Personal requirements: Candidates are reliable, highly motivated personalities, who can make decisions and take responsibility in the tradition of the German liberal party and ready to actively contribute to the further development of the social, political, cultural and economic life.
• Social and political engagement: Candidates should have an awareness of and commitment to social and political issues, which is manifested in participation in higher-education institutions, engagement in a liberal political party or organisations, associations and initiatives.
Recommended Scholarships: You may also apply for the
Application instructions for the Friedrich Naumann Foundation Scholarship:
The application documents must be submitted in German and the selection interview will also take place in German, even if you are applying for funding for an English-language course or an English-language doctoral program. Knowledge of German is therefore essential. Deadlines for application are 30 April and 31 October of each year.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
For More Information Visit the Official Scholarship Website Here.