Gerda Henkel Foundation Scholarship:- The University of Ghana, Legon, is pleased to receive applications from members of the University community for a grant from the Gerda Henkel Foundation of Germany to support the training of PhD students in the Humanities under a project titled Enhancing Doctoral Training in the Humanities in West Africa.
About the Gerda Henkel Foundation Scholarship Award:
The University of Ghana has received a grant from the Gerda Henkel Foundation of Germany to support the training of PhD students in the Humanities under a project titled Enhancing Doctoral Training in the Humanities in West Africa.
Under the project, the University of Ghana will be the sub-regional hub for the training of PhD scholars in the historical humanities (History, Archaeology, Historical Islamic Studies, Art History, Philosophy, History of Law, History of Science, Prehistory and Early History, Classics and other disciplines with historical component).
Ghana, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Burkina Faso and Senegal
Gerda Henkel Foundation Scholarship Eligibility:
- Applicant must have successfully completed a Master’s degree in any of the disciplines listed above, or in a related field.
- Should have excellent academic credentials and demonstrate motivation and commitment to pursue an academic career.
- Has thorough knowledge of the language of instruction (English)
- Applicant must be a national or permanent resident of one of the following West African countries: Ghana, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Burkina Faso and Senegal
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
The project will fund the tuition, accommodation, research, stipend and airfare of international students starting from 2020/2021 academic year.
Duration of Award: 3 years
You May Also Apply for the ICCR Scholarship For Undergraduate & Postgraduate African Students 2020/2021
How to Apply:
- Graduate and Undergraduate Certificates
- Graduate and Undergraduate Transcripts
- One-pagemotivation statement
- PhD research proposal of not more than 3 pages (of 1.5 line spaced minimum) clearly outlining the background, objectives, scope and methodology for applicant’s research.
- Applicant’s curriculum vitae
- Copy of applicant’s passport or national ID card
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.
Application Deadline: 31st January 2020
For More Information Visit The Official Award Webpage Here