About this Scholarship:
Gis scholarships 2019 at the University of Redlands is now open for application.
The GIS field is evolving at an incredible rate and the GIS program at the University of Redlands is committed to keeping pace. Students in the GIS graduate program receive a high-end laptop spec’d and configured to use the latest software. Color laser printers are located in all rooms of Lewis Hall. A large format color plotter is also available.
The University’s high-speed wifi network provides access to a number of on-premise and cloud server resources. Virtual computing environments also provide an excellent resource to learn, experiment, and build with the latest cutting-edge technology.
Winners or scholarship recipients will receive up to $10,000 toward tuition.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent in any field with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Two letters of recommendation confirming the applicant’s potential for success in the program.
- Competence in speaking and writing English.
- Students for whom English is a second language must demonstrate competence by submitting Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores.
- The test score must be above 550 on paper-based tests, 210 on computer-based tests, and 80 on Internet-based with no section score lower than 18.
- Alternative internationally recognized tests such as International English Language Testing System (IELTS) scored at band 6.5 or above may be considered equivalent.
How to Apply:
Our online application requires the following:
- A complete resume
- A personal statement
- Two letters of recommendation (sent directly by your referees) can either be uploaded online or emailed directly to the program coordinator.
Supporting documents (materials) required for US applicants:
The materials or documents needed to apply for this scholarship are stated below:
- Official transcripts
- Copy of an application submitted to FAFSA if you apply for Federal Student Aid
- Standardized testing results such as GRE (optional)
Supporting materials required for international applicants:
- IERF evaluation of transcripts- Detailed Report Required
- Standardized testing scores (TOEFL, if required; GRE, if available)
- Confidential Financial Statement of Support (required before visa application can be issued)
gis scholarships 2019 Application fee:
This scholarship opening requires students to pay for scholarship application as stated below:
- There is an initial application fee of $50 which is to be submitted with your application.
- After you are accepted into the program, there is a non-refundable depositof $350 for enrollment, which will be applied toward the tuition and fees.
- Please note you will not be able to use financial aid or student loan money to pay this deposit as the financial aid and student loan money does not fund until just a few days prior to the program start date.
The tuition for the one-year program (effective July 1, 2019- June 30, 2020) is $45,000. Tuition includes the following benefits:
- 22 days of professional Esri instructor-led training;
- A large selection of books from Esri Press;
- Unlimited access to Esri Virtual Campuscourses during the program;
- Upon completion of the program, you will receive a copy of the current version of ArcGIS Desktop Basic, as a graduation gift from Jack Dangermond.
The technology fees cover the cost of a high-end personal laptop and a wide range of software. A one-time of $2000 laptop fee is due when you commence the program. Students will keep the laptop after graduation. In addition, the one-year students are charged with $500 per semester for software maintenance and two-year students with $330 per semester.
gis scholarships 2019 Application Deadlines:
Application gis scholarships 2019 for International Students is October 1, 2019 2020 Application for Domestic Students is November 30, 2019
More Important Dates to take note of:
- Spring Classes for this scholarship begins January 6, 2020
- Fall 2020 Priority Application Deadline is March 31, 2020
- Fall 2020 Final Application Deadline for Domestic Students (June 1, 2020) while the date for International Students is July 31, 2020
- Applications will be accepted on a space-available basis after this date.