GNPC Foundation Foreign Scholarship: The Ghana National Petroleum Corporation’s (GNPC) Foreign Scholarship is a highly selective full scholarship offered to Ghanaians to further their studies abroad. The awards are for masters and PhD studies.
Eligible Countries: Ghana
To be taken at (country): Ghana
Type: Masters, PhD
GNPC Foundation Foreign Scholarship Eligibility:
- Applicant must be Ghanaian.
- Preferred study areas are Mathematics, Science, Technology, Engineering, Special-needs education.
- Have obtained admission to undertake a masters or PhD program.
- Must hold a first degree of at least second-class upper (for Masters applicant), and a relevant postgraduate qualification (for PhD applicant).
- Be permanently resident in Ghana.
- Be available to start your academic studies by the start of the academic year you are applying.
- Not pursuing a PhD or Masters degree at the time of application.
- Applicants holding offer from Tuition free universities are highly preferable
Number of Awards: A limited number of awards will be given.
Value of Award: Each scholarship provides:
- Approved airfare to and from your home country to the country of study and back after studies.
- Approved tuition fees
- Stipend (living allowance)
- Book Allowance
- One-time Warm clothing allowance, where applicable
- Dissertation allowance
- Provision towards the cost of fieldwork undertaken overseas (usually the cost of one economy class return airfare to your fieldwork location), where approved.
How to Apply for the GNPC Foundation Foreign Scholarship:
Interested applicants need to fill out the application form on the GNPC website not later than 14th October 2020.The required documents are as follows;
• Admission Letter
• First and Second-degree certificate depending on the level being applied for (i.e. master’s and PhD)
• Curriculum Vitae
• Letters of recommendation – Both academic and occupational
• Research Proposal (Not exceeding five pages)
• Passport picture
• National Service Certificate
• Applicants seeking sponsorship for online studies are ineligible.
• There will be no in-person interviews this year due to the Covid-19 pandemic and its related safety protocols.
Application deadline is 14th October 2020.
For More Information Visit the Official Award Webpage Here.