Google’s Women Scholars Program: Google is proud to honor Anita’s memory and support women in technology with the Women Techmakers Scholars Program.
Google’s Women Techmakers Scholars Program: Through the Women Techmakers Scholars Program – formerly the Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship Program.
Google is furthering Dr. Anita Borg’s vision of creating gender equality in the field of computer science by encouraging women to excel in computing and technology and become active leaders and role models in the field.
The Women Techmakers Scholars program is an academic scholarship which can only be gotten once in a life time per recipient ( that is, it is a one-time scholarship award).
This scholarship will be awarded based on the following:
- your academic performance.
- your leadership role
- and impact on the women in tech community.
While past applicants and finalists are encouraged to reapply, unfortunately, past recipients of any Google scholarship, including the Women Techmakers Scholarship.
Also past or previous winners pf Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship, are not eligible to apply for this scholarship, because this scholarship is a one time scholarship opportunity for each recipient or awardee.
The Google’s scholars program consists of the following elements:
- Scholarship: An academic scholarship, awarded based on academic performance, leadership, and impact on the community of women in tech.
- Retreat: An opportunity to connect with fellow scholars and Google mentors, while participating in professional and personal development training and workshops.
- Community: An online network with fellow scholars program participants designed to share resources, support the global community of women in tech and collaborate on projects to make continued impact.
Google’s Women Techmakers Scholars Program Eligibility.
- Currently be enrolled at an accredited university for the 2018-2019 academic year
- Intend to be enrolled in or accepted as a full-time or part-time student in a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD program at a university in Europe, Middle East or Africa for the 2019-2020 academic year
- Be studying computer science, computer engineering, informatics or a closely related technical ﬁeld
- Demonstrate a strong academic record
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate passion for increasing the involvement of women in Computer Science
BONUS SCHOLARSHIP >>> Canadian Government Vanier International Scholarships
Benefits of Google’s Women Techmakers Scholars Program
This scholarship award has so much benefit packed for successful applicants or candidate.
The Women Techmakers Scholars recipients will each receive a 7,000 EUR award (or local equivalent in your own currency) for the 2019-2020 academic year.
A group of undergraduate and graduate students will be chosen from the applicant pool, and scholarships will be awarded based on the strength of each candidate’s impact on diversity, demonstrated leadership and academic background.
All scholarship recipients will be invited to attend the annual Women Techmakers Scholars’ Retreat in summer 2019 to connect with fellow scholars, network with Googlers and participate in a number of workshops.
Professional development and community outreach opportunities will continue to be offered after the retreat.
As a Women Techmakers Scholar, you will join a long-term community of scholars program participants designed to provide a forum to share resources, support other women in tech, and collaborate on projects to make continued impact.
How to Apply for the Google’s Women Techmakers Scholars Program
- General background information (includes contact information and information about your current and intended institutions)
- Current resume
- Academic transcripts from your current and prior institutions (if you have earned a prior degree)
- One letter of reference from a professor, instructor, adviser or supervisor
- Responses to five essay questions
The Application for the 2020-2021 Scholars Program is now open and will close on December 6th, 2020 at 11:59 pm GMT.
© copyright 2021 – All rights reserved