Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme:- The Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS) is providing 250 PhD Fellowships in the 2020/21 academic year for international students in the eight UGC-funded universities.
Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme
The Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS) established in 2009 by the Research Grants Council (RGC), it aims at attracting the best and brightest students in the world to pursue their PhD programmes in Hong Kong’s universities.
The followings are the eight UGC-funded universities in the fellowship:
- City University of Hong Kong.
- Hong Kong Baptist University.
- Lingnan University.
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong.
- The Education University of Hong Kong.
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
- The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology.
- The University of Hong Kong.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Social Science.
- Business Studies.
Required Languages: English.
Eligible Countries : ALL WORLD COUNTRIES (International Fellowship)
Program Period : This PhD Fellowship Scheme will be awarded to 250 PhD students.
Eligibility Requirements (Criteria)
- Candidates who are seeking admission as new full time PhD students in the mentioned eight universities, irrespective of their country of origin, prior work experience and ethnic background, should be eligible to apply.
- While academic excellence is of prime consideration, the Selection Panels will take into account, but not limited to, the four yardsticks below for the selection of candidates:
- Academic excellence.
- Research ability and potential.
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Leadership abilities.
- The Fellowship provides an annual stipend of US$39,700 and a conference and a research-related travel allowance of US$1,700 per year for each awardee for a period up to three years.
- For awardees who need more than three years to complete the PhD degree, additional support may be provided by the chosen universities. For details, you can contact the universities concerned directly.
BONUS POST:-You May Also Apply For the IBM Ph.D Fellowship Awards Program 2020/2021 For PhD Students Worldwide (Fully Funded).
How to Apply
First Step: Read the following Explanatory Notes before submitting your initial application here.
Second Step: Submit Initial Application online through the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme Electronic System here to obtain an HKPFS Reference Number
Third Step: Submit Full Applications to Proposed Universities after completing the initial application quoting the HKPFS Reference Number before the universities’ respective deadlines.
For more information about the universities and PhD programmes click here.
Application Deadline is 2nd December 2019 at 12:00 noon Hong Kong Time (GMT +8 hours).