ICCR scholarship for africa:- The Government of India through the ICCR – Indian Council for Cultural Relations – is offering up to 900 scholarships for African students to pursue undergraduate, postgraduate and higher courses programme at Institutions/Universities in India.
About ICCR Scholarship for Africa
At the inaugural plenary of the India – Africa Forum Summit held in New Delhi in April 2008, the Hon’ble Prime Minister of India announced the Government of India’s initiative to enhance the academic opportunities for students of African countries in India by increasing the number of scholarships for them to pursue undergraduate, postgraduate and higher courses.
The ICCR – Indian Council for Cultural Relations – implements this scheme on behalf of the Ministry of External Affairs.
Type: undergraduate, post-graduate
- Students applying for doctoral/ post doctoral courses should include a synopsis of the proposed area of research.
- Students wishing to study performing arts should, if possible, enclose video/ audio cassettes of their recorded performances.
- Candidates must have adequate knowledge of English.
- ICCR will not entertain applications which are sent to ICCR directly by the students or which are sent by local Embassies/High Commissions in New Delhi.
- Priority will be given to students who have never studied in India before.
- No application will be accepted for admission to courses in MBBS/MD or Dentistry/Nursing.
- Candidates may note that Indian universities/educational institution are autonomous and independent and hence have their own eligibility criteria which have to be fulfilled. Please also note that acceptance of application by the University is also not a guarantee of admission. A scholarship is awarded only when admission is confirmed by ICCR.
- Student must carry a proper visa. Students should ensure that they get the correct visa from the Indian Embassy/High Commission. Government of India guideline stipulate that if a scholar arrives without proper visa and his/her actual admission at the University/Institute does not materialize, he/she will be deported to his/her country.
- Before departing for India the scholars should seek a full briefing from the Indian Diplomatic Mission in their country about living conditions in India/the details of scholarship/the type and duration of the course to which he/she is admitted.
- Scholars should inform the Indian Embassy/High Commission of their travel schedule well in advance so that ICCR can make reception and other arrangements for them.
- Scholars are advised to bring some money with them to meet incidental expenditures on arrival in India.
- The scholars who are awarded scholarships should bring with them all documents relating to their qualification in original for verification by the respective college/university at the time of admission
Number of Scholarships: 900
Value of Scholarship:
(figure is in Indian currency)
- Living allowance (Stipend) (Per Month)
- Undergraduate -5,500 , Postgraduate-6,000 M.Phil / Ph.D 7,000, Post-doctoral Fellow-7,500
- -House Rent Allowance (Per Month)
- In Grade 1 cities-5,000 and In other cities-4,500
- -Contingent Grant (per annum)
- Undergraduate-5,000, Postgraduate-7,000, M/Phil / Ph.D and M.Tech./ME-12,500, Postdoctoral studies-15,500, Tuition Fee/Other Compulsory Fee-As per actual (excluding refundable amount) –Thesis and dissertation Expenses (Once in entire duration of course)
- D Scholar-10,000 and for BBA/BCA/MBA/MCA/M.Tech and other course required submission of Project-7.000
- -Medical Benefits
- Under the scheme scholars are expected to seek treatment only at medical centre or dispensary attached to universities / Institutes where they enrolled or in the nearest Government hospital (Bill are settled as admissible according to AMA/CGHS norms)
Duration of Scholarship: For the period of study
ICCR Scholarship for Africa Eligible Countries:
Under this Scheme, the Council offers 900 scholarships to the following African countries:
Algeria, Angola, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Cape Verde, Chad, Cote d’Ivoire, Comoros, Congo (Republic of), Djibouti, Democratic Republic of Congo, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea (concurrent from Nairobi), Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea-Bissau, Guinea, Kenya, Libya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Mali, Malawi, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, South Africa, South Sudan (Republic of), Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sao Tame & Principe, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
To be taken at (country): India
Application Deadline: 29th February 2020
Bonus Post: You May Also Apply for the
How to Apply
- Please read the instruction before filling out the application form.
- Please also read the financial terms and conditions.
- Detailed guidelines on the process of applying for ICCR Scholarships online on the A2A Portal and procedure and norms governing the same is given on the www.a2ascholarships.iccr.gov.in .
- Students must read instructions and apply through the same website and no hard copy of the application form is required at the Mission.
Simply follow the registration procedure below:
To register for the ICCR scholarships, simply follow this link.
After loading into the login page, as a new user, you are to click on Don’t Have Account Please Sign Up as shown in the screenshot below. But if you are already registered, simply login and proceed.
Simply fill in your information as shown in the screenshot below:
- first, select your country as shown in 1
- fill in your phone number,
- Fill in your full name as shown in the screenshot above
- Select your gender
- Enter your correct date of birth as shown above ( date, month, and year)
- Enter your valid email address
- Create a new password for your registration
- Re-enter your newly created password
- In the currently studying in India section, you are to select either “yes” or “no” depending on if you are already studying in India.
- After that, enter the security text in the text section (example of what i am talking about is shown in the image above).
- Then click on submit.
After submitting your registration, you will receive a success message popup, and an email will be sent to your email address for you to activate your ICCR account. See a sample of the email below:
Login to your email address, and look for the email sent from Indian Council for Cultural Relations. If you can not find the email, please look into your spam folder to find it.
After activating your account, you will be required to login into your account in order to complete your application.
In the new window as shown in the screenshot below, simply click on more info in Apply Application section.
You will be redirected to the application page for you to complete your application.
Here is a sample of the application form:
Complete the application form, and click on Next, and follow the procedure to the end.
Wishing you the very best of luck in your application.
If you find this article useful, please comment, and share.