The awards will fund one woman per STEM2D discipline who has completed her advanced degree, who is working as an assistant professor (or global equivalent faculty position) and who is not yet tenured at an accredited university, institution or design school.
The goal is to fuel the research passion of the awarded women and inspire career paths in their respective STEM2D fields.
Johnson & Johnson is looking to identify global women leading in both their research fields and leading as mentors, to be a vision for girls and other women in STEM2D.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Manufacturing & Design
Award recipients, one in each of the STEM2D disciplines, will gain access to ongoing funding over the course of 3 years, along with mentorship from STEM2D professionals.
Eligibility Requirements (Criteria)
- You must be a woman working in the field(s) of Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Manufacturing and Design (STEM2D).
- You must be an assistant female professor or global equivalent faculty position at the time of application at an accredited academic university, institution or design school.
- The female scholar should have a minimum degree for the appropriate field:
- Science; M.D., Ph.D.
- Technology; Ph.D.
- Engineering; Ph.D.
- Math; M.S., Ph.D.
- Manufacturing; Ph.D.
- Design; M.A., M.S., MDes, MArch, MFA, MLA, Ph.D.
Required Languages :English.
Eligible Countries: ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
Program Period : 3 years.
- Johnson & Johnson WiSTEM2D Scholars Award is a $150,000 award which will be paid to the University (the “Recipient”) for the benefit of the Johnson & Johnson Scholar and her research.
How to Apply For The Johnson and Johnson Scholars Award Program 2020
First Step: create your account here to log in
Second Step: Answer the eligibility questions:
- Are you an assistant professor (or equivalent) faculty position at time of application at an accredited academic university, institution or design school?
- Are you devoting at least 30% of your total effort to the direct conduct of research, except in the area of science where at least 50% needs to be in conducting research?
- Is your proposed research proposal budget anticipated to be used to cover research consumables, project costs, and lab personnel salaries or hourly rates (eg. for research team students &/or technicians)? it is not anticipated that award funding will be used for the scholar’s salary, healthcare, teaching buyout, or any university overhead costs.
Any information provided to j&j, including the research proposal and information contained in the application, should be non-confidential. j&j will have no rights to the research and no liability for disclosure or use.
BONUS POST:- You May Also Apply For The Nottingham Trent University Undergraduate And Masters Scholarships 2020/2021 for International Students – UK
Third Step: In addition to general contact details and demographics, prepare the following documents:
- Submit a university or school department head letter of recommendation (Note: each university / institution can support one applicant per STEM2D discipline; six applicants in total).
- Write 1,000 words detailing your proposed area of research. One additional page can be added for images, or references.
- Submit your resume (three pages, font size 11), including a list of publications, presentations, abstracts, current financial support already obtained, other folio work and two references.
- Submit a brief outline of your budget for proposed research. (Note: a template is provided if needed.)
Application Deadline: 9:00 AM HST (Honolulu Standard Time) on October 3, 2019.