KNUST Scholarship 2021:- Empowering Africa Inc. is accepting applications for a one-year full-tuition scholarship. This scholarship is only available to Ghanaian students pursuing a programme in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM).
Applicants must be academically strong, service-minded, and looking to make a difference in their communities.
We will be accepting applications from students who are applying to study in Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Kumasi. Students who receive the scholarship will have their WASSCE scores checked officially.
However, Please Note: Students already enrolled in KNUST MUST have a B average (Minimum Second Class Upper).
KNUST Scholarships 2021 Eligibility:
Prospective applicant to KNUST OR KNUST students in their 1st, 2nd, or 3rd year who are Brilliant but Needy.
This scholarship does not apply to the following types of students: international students, fee-paying students, and part-time students.
REQUIREMENTS for the KNUST Ghana Scholarships 2020:
All prospective applicants are to include the following documents in their applications:
- Admission Letter
- Acceptance Letter
- WASSCE Certificate/results
- Curriculum Vitae
- Recommendation letters
- Awards or certificates (if any).
- Prospective continuing student applicants should also add their complete University Academic Transcripts, (including current results).
CONTINUING STUDENTS who are beneficiaries of other scholarships ARE NOT ELIGIBLE to apply.
Academically motivated and devoted: Students must show a commitment to higher -education and a high level of academic achievement through their grades, scores, essays, and from references. Note: For students that are already enrolled at KNUST, students must have a B average (second class upper)
Committed to community involvement: Students must show that they are committed to not just bettering themselves but making a positive difference in their community.
This can be seen through the applicant’s description of extracurricular/volunteer work, their essays, and their references.
In need of financial aid: Applicants must show that they cannot enroll in college without the funds.
Admitted/Enrolled to/at the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology: All students must prove their admittance or enrollment to/at the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology and must have been accepted or enrolled into a STEM Degree. (Note: students do not have to be accepted at the time they submit the form but they must provide proof of acceptance as soon as they receive proof of acceptance.)
A full-time student: this scholarship does not apply to the following types of students: international students, fee-paying students, and part-time students.
Bonus Post: You May Also Apply for the
How To Apply KNUST Scholarship 2021
Interested applicants are to apply using this form (Get Form Here).
Note: when filling your application form, applicants should complete all sections with the asterisk sign.
For any further enquiries, contact the Students Affairs and Financial Services Office. (Room 19), Dean of Students- J. HARPER Building
Closing Date for Submission: Applicants are to submit their Applications before/on Friday, 31st July, 2020.
For More Information Visit The Official Scholarship Webpage Here.
Zawadi Africa Education Fund 2020 Undergraduate Scholarship for Women
Zawadi Undergraduate Scholarships for women 2020 :- The Zawadi Africa Education Fund is a program designed to provide undergraduate scholarships to academically gifted girls/women from disadvantaged backgrounds from Africa to pursue higher education in the US and other parts of Africa.
Eligible Countries: Kenya, Uganda, Ghana and Mozambique
About the Zawadi Undergraduate Scholarships for Women 2020 Award:
Zawadi Africa Education Fund is a leadership development program that provides university scholarships and leadership development and life skills training to academically gifted but financially disadvantaged African girls, with the objective of developing a pipeline of young African women leaders.
Zawadi Africa was formed with the belief that together with a world class education and the right character development, these young African women will be able to return to their home countries empowered and equipped with the skills needed to make significant, positive impact in their communities in a continent where traditionally women have not had a voice in the development of their community.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, the following criteria must be met:
- A girl who has completed her secondary school examination i.e. The Kenya Certificate of Secondary Examination (KCSE)
- Has demonstrated academic excellence (A Plain or A Minus)
- Has demonstrated leadership qualities e.g. in school as a prefect, in the community, church, leadership in peer related activities etc.
- Has overcome insurmountable odds such as serious financial challenges, oppressive social-cultural practices such as early marriages and Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) etc. in order to attain academic excellence.
- Come from a financially disadvantaged background.
- Has demonstrated clear financial need.
You may also apply for the
includes excellent academics, extracurricular involvement, leadership potential and financial need.
The Admission decision is entirely dependent on the Universities’ Admission Boards. Shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview a month after the deadline of this application.
How to Apply:
Application this year is now open. Deadline for Kenya is March 20th, 2020.
- If you meet the above criteria, ensure that you download and complete every part of the application form. Your application will only be considered if it completely filled.
- Attach a one page biography and a passport photo. The biography should be TYPED and highlight your family and educational background, your aspirations, financial status, as well as hobbies and activities that you have undertaken while in school and in your community.
- Attach a 500-650 word essay on ONLY ONE of three topics listed on page seven.
- Attach a copy of your high school leaving certificate and K.C.S.E result slip as well as copies of high school certificates that show your involvement in extracurricular activities and leadership related initiatives.
- Attach a signed recommendation letter from your class teacher or head teacher.
- Attach a copy of your birth certificate and your National Identity Card (if you have one).
- Attach a letter from your local chief confirming his knowledge of your family and yourself. The letter should preferably be written on a government letter headed document.
- Any false statements, omissions or forged documents will lead to automatic disqualification.
- 9. Submit a Hard Copy of this application form and the required supporting documents on or before the deadline (6th April, 2018) to the designated offices written in the application forms.
Application Deadline: 20th March 2020
Facebook/Andela #BuildforSDG Challenge 2020 for African Developers
BuildforSDG Challenge 2020:- Facebook and Andela have partnered to up-skill developers across Sub-Saharan Africa (Kenya, Uganda, Cameroon, Ghana, Nigeria and South-Africa) through a six-week immersive program where selected developers will work in agile remote teams to innovate on projects relating to the SDGs.
Eligible Countries: Kenya, Uganda, Cameroon, Ghana, Nigeria and South-Africa.
About the BuildforSDG Challenge 2020 Award:
The #BuildForSDG program is committed to helping empower you to build real-world, locally and relevant solutions focused on the Sustainable Development Goals(SDGs) while gaining skills you need to advance your career.
With a goal to engage 7.5k developers, #BuildforSDG challenge will give developers real-world experience working on high-value, high-impact projects to help improve their market-readiness.
Eligibility: You must be 18 and above by January 2020 to be eligible for participation
Number of Awards: 7500.
You may also apply for the
Value of Award:
Grow your demand by advancing your developer skills while working on projects that matter.
Why Apply for the BuildforSDG Challenge 2020?
- Get to work on projects that matter; add high value and high impact project to your portfolio
- Opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds on the planet
- Access to employment opportunities through the Andela Market place.
- Oh, and a chance to help change the world!
The BuildforSDG program is a 6-week immersive program where selected developers will work in agile remote teams to innovate on projects relating to the SDGs. This program will run in three(3) Cohorts.
Kindly note that dates for Cohort 2 and 3 are tentative.
- Cohort 1: March – May 2020 (Nigeria, Uganda, Cameroon, Ghana, South-Africa, Kenya)
- Cohort 2: June – August 2020 (Nigeria, Uganda, Cameroon, Ghana, South-Africa, Kenya, Rwanda, Zambia, Tanzania)
- Cohort 3: September – November 2020 (Nigeria, Uganda, Cameroon, Ghana, South-Africa, Kenya, Rwanda, Zambia, Tanzania)
These dates are subject to change by the program partners.
How to Apply:
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.
Application Deadline: 30th March 2020
Fully funded Distance Learning Scholarships in Tropical Forestry 2020/2021 for Developing Countries – Bangor University, UK
Distance Learning Scholarships 2020 in Tropical Forestry for Developing Countries.
Bangor University, UK, through the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (CSC) is pleased to announce that up to 10 fully-funded Commonwealth scholarships are available for applicants from the following developing commonwealth countries below to study for our MSc Tropical Forestry by distance learning.
About Distance Learning Scholarships 2020 Award:
This postgraduate course is primarily intended for students who already have an interest in forestry and who wish to learn more about the environmental and societal benefits that tropical forests can provide.
Suitable applicants include individuals working in forestry/forest-related industries/ natural resource management, particularly in the fields of planning, regulation, policy, monitoring, conservation and environmental protection.
The course is also suited to individuals working in forestry education who wish to further their knowledge and expertise in order to improve their teaching.
Eligible Countries for the Distance Learning Scholarships 2020:
Ghana, Guyana, India, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, The Gambia, Uganda and Zambia.
Eligible Field of Study: to study for Masters in Tropical Forestry.
You may also apply for the
In order to be considered for a CSC scholarships, applicants are expected:
- to have at least an upper second class degree in a relevant subject (e.g. forestry, conservation, land management, natural sciences, economics).
- Relevant work experience is also valued. Applicants with a lower second class degree with relevant and sufficient work experience may also be considered.
- Regardless of English language ability and educational background, all applicants from Bangladesh, Cameroon, Mozambique, Pakistan, Rwanda and Sri Lanka are required to take an IELTS and obtain a minimum overall score of 6.5, if they wish to be considered for a CSC scholarship.
- In order for an award to be taken up in the 2020 academic year, the IELTS test must have been taken after October 2019.
- Applicants from the eligible countries do not need proof of English Language proficiency if they have studied their education through the medium of English.
- In order to study this course, students must have regular access to a computer with internet access, as the University cannot provide these to distance learning students.
- Applicants should ensure they are eligible for entry to the course and that distance learning is suitable for them before applying for a CSC scholarship.
- The scholarships are only available for entrants who are able to start the course in September 2020.
To be taken at (country): by distance learning from the following countries above.
Number and Value of Scholarships:
- Up to 10 fully-funded scholarships are available
- A small study grant (GBP £150 a month) is provided to successful scholars to assist them with the costs of computing and internet access.
- The scholarship also includes a generous bursary to enable scholars to attend a compulsory two-week study tour which will be held in a country with notable tropical forest resources.
Duration of Scholarship: for the period of study.
How to Apply
- Applicants who do not apply directly to the CSC cannot be considered for a CSC scholarship on MSc Tropical Forestry (distance learning).
- Please note: The CSC online application portal will open in early March 2020.
- After which you must seek to be nominated by Bangor University.
It is important to go through the Application Process on the Scholarship Webpage before applying.
6th April 2020.
For More Information Visit the Official Scholarship Webpage Here.
Orskov Foundation Grants 2021 for Students in Developing Countries
Orskov Foundation Grants 2021 for Students in Developing Countries Orskov Foundation Grants 2021 The Orskov Foundation provides grants that help...
Oppenheimer Fund 2020/2021 to Visit University of Oxford
Oppenheimer Fund 2020:- Applications are invited from senior members of the University who wish either to visit one or more...
Mobility Grant at the University of Oldenburg in Germany, 2020
Mobility Grant 2020:- To help you to create your own path towards your dream career, the University of Oldenburg is...
Media Legal Defence Initiative (MLDI) Digital Rights Advancement Grants 2020 for Sub-Saharan African Countries
Digital Rights Advancement Grants 2020: Media Defence Centres About the Digital Rights Advancement Grants 2020 Award: MLDI has started a...
2020 Mobility Grants For BSc, MSc and PhD Students from Russia, South Africa, Iran, Indonesia and Vietnam
2020 Mobility grants:- Alliance 4 Universities call for applications for staff and student mobility with Russia, South Africa, Iran, Indonesia...
Welsh Government Wales for Africa Grant Scheme 2020 – Apply Now
Grants: The Welsh Government Wales for Africa Grant Scheme is open for application, and it will enable community groups and...
Studienbeihilfe Grants for Domestic and International Students at Austria, 2020
Postgraduate Grants for Domestic and International Students at Austria, 2020. Studienbeihilfe Grants for Domestic and International Postgraduate Students Applications are...
Eric Bleumink Funds for Developing Countries at University of Groningen 2020/2021 – The Netherlands
Eric Bleumink Fund 2020/2021:- The University of Groningen is offering research grants to students from developing countries wishing to undertake...
Global Network Initiative (GNI) Fellowship Program on Internet Freedom 2019 – Call for Applications
Global Network Initiative (GNI) Fellowship Program: Call for Applications:- Internews’ Global Technology team and the Global Network Initiative (GNI) warmly...
West African Research Center Travel Grant 2019
West African Research Center Travel Grant 2019 promotes Intra-African cooperation and exchange among researchers and institutions by providing support to...
Innopolis University 100% Study Scholarships
Russia Scholarships: Innopolis University is happy to offer successful candidates up to 100% scholarship and $200-600 monthly allowance to study Bachelor’s and Master’s degree...
Goi Peace Foundation International Essay Contest 2021 for Young People
Goi Peace Foundation International Essay Contest 2021:- The Goi Peace Foundation is now accepting entries from young people anywhere in...
National Life Science Competition 2021 For Nigerian Secondary School and Tertiary Institution Students
National Life Science Competition 2021 For Nigerian Secondary School and Tertiary Institution Students. National Life Science Competition The Science Communication...
African Union Continental Essay Competition 2021 for African Youths
African Union Continental Essay Competition 2021 for African Youths is open for application. The African Union (AU) is now accepting...
UBA Foundation National Essay Competition 2020 (₦6million in Prizes)
UBA Essay Competition 2020:- UBA Foundation, the corporate social responsibility arm of the United Bank for Africa (UBA) Plc, announces...
NANS Essay Competition 2020 for Secondary School Students | ₦400,000 in Cash Prizes
NANS Essay Competition 2020 for Secondary School Students is currently open for application. Award value is ₦400,000 in Cash Prizes....
Wole Soyinka Essay Competition 2020 for Young Leaders
Wole Soyinka Essay Competition 2020 for Young Leaders. The 11th edition of The Wole Soyinka Essay competition which is a...
Shell LiveWIRE ‘Top Ten Innovators’ Global Competition 2020 | Up to $30,000 in Prizes
Top Ten Innovators Global Competition 2020:- Applications are invited from eligible entrepreneurs for the Shell LiveWIRE ‘Top Ten Innovators’ Global...
Alibaba GET Global Challenge 2020: Digital Solutions During and Beyond COVID-19
Alibaba GET Global Challenge:- Alibaba Business School is now accepting entries from young budding entrepreneurs for its 2020 GET Global...
Wiki Loves Africa Photo Contest 2020 – Easy Steps to Apply Here.
Wiki Loves Africa 2020 Photo Contest:- Of all of the millions of subjects you can read about on Wikipedia, subjects...
Global Recycling Foundation – RecyclingHeroes Competition 2020 | $1,000 Prize
RecyclingHeroes Competition 2020 by Global Recycling Foundation is now accepting entries / nominations for its 2020 #RecyclingHeroes Competition. Global Recycling...
YouthLead Turning Point Contest 2020 for Young Changemakers
youthlead 2020 contest:- Participate and showcase your work globally! As a young changemaker, this YouthLead contest provides you with a...
Nigeria LNG (NLNG) Prize for Science 2020 | Up to $100,000 for Grab
NLNG Prize for Science 2020:- Nigeria LNG (NLNG) Limited invites entries for The Nigeria Prize for Science, in line with...
Nigeria Liquefied Natural Gas (NLNG) Prize for Literature 2020 | Up to $100,000 for Grab
NLNG Prize for Literature 2020:- Entries are hereby invited for The Nigeria Prize for Literature. The yearly literary prize is...
NITDA FutureHack 2020 Competition – Apply Now
NITDA FutureHack 2020 Competition:- The FutureHack is a national technology hackathon event, in which computer programmers and others involved in...
Tana Forum Annual University Essay Competition 2020
2020 Essay Competition:- The Tana Forum is an annual meeting that brings together African leaders and stakeholders to engage and...
Nelson Mandela World Human Rights Moot Court Competition 2020 for Law Students Worldwide
Nelson Mandela Competition:- You are cordially invited to participate in the 12th Nelson Mandela World Human Rights Moot Court Competition,...
St. Gallen Symposium Leader of Tomorrow Essay Competition 2020
Leader of Tomorrow Essay Competition is currently on. St. Gallen Symposium Leader of Tomorrow Essay Competition 2020 The St. Gallen...
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) 2019 Writing Competition III (3,000 USD cash prize)
ICRC writing competition III 2019: – The International Committee of the Red Cross is proud to organize for the third time...
Harvard Graduate School of Design’s 2020 Wheelwright Prize International Competition 2020 for early-career Architects ( $100,000 Travelling Fellowship)
Harvard Graduate School of Design’s 2020 Wheelwright Prize: The Harvard Graduate School of Design (Harvard GSD) is pleased to announce the 2020...
NHEF Scholarship Essay Competition 2019 for Nigerian Students
NHEF Scholarship Essay Competition 2019 for Nigerian Students:- Every year, the Nigeria Higher Education Foundation (NHEF) runs a Scholarship Essay...
Postgraduate7 months ago
870 Korean Government Scholarships 2021/2022 (Bachelors, Masters & PhD)for Developing Countries
Africa2 weeks ago
Mandela Rhodes Foundation Scholarship
Developing Country4 weeks ago
Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships
Masters3 weeks ago
Eira Davies Postgraduate Scholarships
Developing Country6 months ago
CICOPS Scholarships 2021 for Developing Countries – Apply Now
Developing Country3 weeks ago
Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program
Uncategorized3 weeks ago
BBNaija Season 6 Application Form 2021 – Requirement, Audition Date and Venue
Nigeria8 months ago
Midwestern Oil and Gas JV Secondary School And University Scholarship 2020/2021