MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Program:- The University of Pretoria (UP) in partnership with the Mastercard Foundation (MCF) is currently offering scholarships for high achieving African students interested in studying at postgraduate levels, commencing in January 2020.
Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program (MCFSP) targets academically talented yet economically disadvantaged young people in Africa who will contribute to the transformation of the continent through their knowledge, skills, attitudes, and values evidenced by their leadership. Community service and internships are essential components of the Program. The MCFSP offers a full scholarship to selected students who have been provisionally admitted to study towards a postgraduate degree at UP. Graduates must return to their home countries on completion of their studies and give back to their communities.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program (MCFSP) at the University of Pretoria (UP) for full-time postgraduate study is open to students who have already completed a bachelor’s degree and are residents or citizens of an African country. This Program targets academically qualified, yet economically disadvantaged, young people in Africa who will go back to contribute to the transformation of their countries. Applicants should not already be in possession of a Masters Degree/ Qualification.
Faculty of Natural and Agricultural Sciences
- Food Science and Technology
- Agricultural Economics / Business Management
- Animal Science
- Plant Pathology
- Applied Plant and Soil Sciences
Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences
- Accounting Sciences
- Financial Sciences
- Agribusiness Management
Faculty of Humanities
- Humanities PolSci (Political Studies)
- PolSci (International Studies)
Faculty of Engineering – continuing students are eligible to apply
- Industrial Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Program Coverage
The MasterCard Foundation scholarship is a fully funded scholarship for Africans. It will cover:
- Full tuition fees
- Accommodation and meals in a UP residence or UP-accredited accommodation
- A modest monthly stipend
- Textbooks and printed material
- Medical aid cover for the duration of the study
- VISA costs
- Reasonable travel costs (including flight ticket) to and from your home
- Leadership development opportunities
- Academic advising and counseling support
This Program is:
- Open to young Africans who are interested in studying at postgraduate levels;
- who have been admitted into a degree at UP.
- You will need your student number to complete the MCFSP application, which must be accompanied by your academic records and other supporting documents
You may apply online:
- To use the online Application system, you will need Internet access and an email address that you can access regularly.
- After submitting your online application, a student number (EMPLID) will be sent to your email address as confirmation of receipt.
Alternatively, you can submit a hard copy of your application form to the following address:
University of Pretoria
Student Service Centre
The application will be evaluated by members of the relevant faculty and you will be informed of the outcome.
Postgraduate applicants are required to have their certificate verified by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). Please visit www.saqa.org.za
Closing dates for applications
Applications to study at the UP open on 1 March 2019 and close on 31 August 2019. Applications for the MCFSP open on 1 May 2019 and close on 17 September 2019.
© copyright 2021 – All rights reserved