Young Leaders Access Program 2020: – MCW Global’s year-long flagship program is for participants between the ages of 18 to 26, who are prepared to become leaders of positive change in their communities by obtaining tools and skills needed to transform passion into action.
Application Deadline: January 5th 2020
Young Leaders Access Program 2020
The Young Leaders Access Program 2020 is based on 3 phases:
- Summer Program
- Vision Planning: Project Development
- Alumni Mentorship and Ongoing Support
1. Summer Program
The program begins with an intensive, 10-day summer program that facilitates leadership development, self-awareness, a deep understanding of global citizenship, and how to implement a project from beginning to end.
The program is held in late July in New York City, New York and Burlington, Vermont. In addition to working alongside MCW Global team members, alumni mentors, and volunteers, participants will also hear from a range of experts from academia, civil society, development, and the public and private sectors about their own community-action projects.
2. Vision Planning: Project Development
Participants come to the Program with an idea of a community issue they want to address through the process of vision planning, which aims to transform passion into a tangible plan for change.
During this process, participants will be able to put their local issues into a larger global context while exploring why they are in a unique position to make change happen.
Participants will also determine which tools they need to apply to the plan, in order to make it actionable.
After the program, Young Leaders are expected to further develop and/or implement their plan in collaboration with their alumni mentors.
3. Alumni Mentorship and Ongoing Support
To further develop and implement their vision plans, Young Leaders are paired with alumni mentors, who guide them at the summer program toward creating an actionable plan.
During the year, alumni mentors support participants by facilitating quarterly “hangouts” and ongoing remote communication.
Alumni mentors undergo customized training prior to the start of the program in order to support team building and cultural competency.
To be eligible for the program, Young Leaders should:
- Demonstrate commitment to their community
- Identify an issue in their community to address
- Be between the ages of 18-26
- Be fluent in written and spoken English
- Commit to attending the 10-day program and spending the following year aiming to execute their community project
- Be eligible for appropriate visa and travel documentation
- Have access to email and Internet to allow for consistent communication with the MCW Global Team and Young Leaders Program alumni-mentor for the duration of the year-long program
- Adhere to Young Leaders Access Program graduation guidelines (to be provided upon acceptance to the program)
- Submit a completed application on or before January 5, 2020
In an effort to make the program accessible to all participants, MCW Global will cover program and flight costs. MCW Global will also cover costs during the summer program (July 21- July 30, 2020), including housing, food, travel to and from the summer program venues, and any necessary supplies.
MCW Global requires all participants to pay for on the ground costs, including passport, visa, and in-country ground transportation fees. (Not applicable for U.S. based participants.)
- November 15, 2019: Young Leaders Access Program application opens
- January 5, 2020: Young Leaders Access Program application closes
- February 3, 2020: First round decisions sent out; short list candidates notified; second round application opens
- February 21, 2020: Second round application closes
- March 2-28, 2020: Interviews with Alumni
- April 1, 2020: Acceptances sent out
- May 3, 2020: Confirmation of acceptance with visa interview date and deposit
- July 21, 2020 – July 30, 2020: Young Leaders Access Summer Program
- July 30, 2020 – July 22, 2021: Young Leaders Access Program duration
HOW TO APPLY
Step 1: Application
Fill out the application, which is available until Sunday, January 5. The application includes sharing your resume, filling out some basic information, and a few short essay questions.
Step 2: Needs Assessment
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to submit a brief needs assessment, which will describe their community issue and potential solutions in greater detail.
Step 3: Interview
If selected, candidates will be contacted for a virtual interview with alumni who have gone through the program.
Step 4: Decision
Applicants who are selected to participate in the program will be notified by email of their status on April 1, 2020.
The application includes:
1. General information
2. Essay questions
- Identify an issue in your community that concerns you. How would you address this issue?
- Describe one time you have faced a challenge and used a leadership skill to come up with a solution.
- Your resume should not be more than 1 page. We suggest that it be prepared in Times New Roman, 12 font, with 1-inch margins.
4. Two letters of recommendation
- Your letters should come from people who know your work ethic and commitment to your community. Friends and family members are discouraged from writing the letters of recommendation.
- Recommenders should state their name, position, and relationship to the applicant at the top of the letter.
- The letter should be on official letterhead, signed and dated.
5. Liability waiver
- At the end of the application, please review the terms and conditions.
For More Information Visit the Official Webpage of the MCW Global Young Leaders Access Program 2020
© copyright 2021 – All rights reserved
Goi Peace Foundation International Essay Contest 2021 for Young People
Goi Peace Foundation International Essay Contest 2021:- The Goi Peace Foundation is now accepting entries from young people anywhere in the world for its 2021 Essay Contest.
About Goi Peace Foundation International Essay Contest 2021
This annual essay contest is organized in an effort to harness the energy, creativity and initiative of the world’s youth in promoting a culture of peace and sustainable development.
It also aims to inspire society to learn from the young minds and to think about how each of us can make a difference in the world.
This program is an activity within the framework of UNESCO’s Education for Sustainable Development: Towards achieving the SDGs (ESD for 2030)\
Goi Peace Foundation International Essay Contest Theme
“What is Life?”
What does life mean to you? Have you had an experience that made you think about the meaning of life? What kinds of things can you do to cherish and invigorate your own life and all life on earth?
Goi Peace Foundation International Essay Contest Eligibility
- Essays may be submitted by anyone up to 25 years old (as of June 15, 2021) in one of the following age categories:
- Children (ages up to 14)
- Youth (ages 15 – 25)
- Essays must be 700 words or less in English or French, or 1600 characters or less in Japanese. Essays must be typed, with your name and essay title included at the top of the first page.
- There are no particular rules regarding formatting (font style, size, line space, etc.). However, essays must be submitted in either MS Word (DOC/DOCX) or PDF format.
- Teachers and youth directors may submit a collection of essays from their class or group by creating an ‘account for school/organization entrant’ on the online registration page.
- Essays must be original and unpublished. Plagiarized entries will be rejected.
- Essays must be written by one person. Co-authored essays are not accepted.
- Copyright of the essays entered will be assigned to the organizer.
Goi Peace Foundation International Essay Contest Prizes
The following awards will be given in the Children’s category and Youth category respectively:
- 1st Prize: Certificate, prize of 100,000 Yen (approx. US$900 as of March 2021) and gift for 1 entrant.
- 2nd Prize: Certificate, prize of 50,000 Yen (approx. US$450 as of March 2021) and gift for 3 entrants.
- 3rd Prize: Certificate and gift for 5 entrants.
- Honorable Mention: Certificate and gift for 25 entrants.
- 1st to 3rd prize winners will be invited to the Winners Gathering to be held online.
- Additional awards (Best School Award, School Incentive Award) will be given if applicable.
- All prize winners will be announced on October 31, 2021 (Japan time) on this website. Certificates and gifts will be mailed to the winners in December 2021.
You may also apply for the African Union Continental Essay Competition
How to Submit Entries for Goi Peace Foundation International Essay Contest:
Entries must be submitted online. To send your essay online, you must go to the online registration page, and follow the required steps. Entries submitted by postal mail or e-mail are not accepted.
Entries must be received by June 15, 2021 (23:59 your local time).
For More Information Visit the Official Essay Contest Webpage Here.
Chinese Government Scholarship – Bilateral Program
Chinese Government Scholarship – Bilateral Program 2021/2022 for International Students (Undergraduate, Masters, PhD) is a full or partial scholarship established by Chinese Ministry of Education in accordance with educational exchange agreements or consensus between Chinese government and governments of other countries, institutions, universities or international organizations.
About the Chinese Government Scholarship – Bilateral Program:
The Bilateral Program supports undergraduate students, graduate students, general scholars and senior scholars. Undergraduate scholarship recipients must register for Chinese-taught credit courses.
Graduate and non-degree scholarship students can register for either the Chinese-taught program or the English-taught program if applicable.
- Applicants must be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health.
The requirements for applicants’ degree and age are that applicants must:
- be a high school graduate under the age of 25 when applying for the undergraduate programs;
- be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for the master’s programs;
- be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for the doctoral programs;
- be under the age of 45 and have a high school diploma (or higher) when applying for the general scholar programs;
- be a master’s degree holder or an associate professor (or above) under the age of 50 when applying for the senior scholar programs.
Value of Bilateral Program Award:
The Bilateral Program provides both full scholarships and partial scholarships.
Duration of Program:
- Undergraduate students: 4-7years
- Master’s students: 2-5 years
- Doctoral students: 3-6 years
- General scholars: up to 2 years
- Senior scholars: up to 2 years
How to Apply for the Bilateral Program:
- Step 1 – Apply to the dispatching authorities for overseas study of your home country for CGS opportunity;
- Step 2 – Apply to your target university for the Pre-admission Letter once recommended by the dispatching authorities as an eligible candidate (you will receive an Award Letter for CGS Candidate);
- Step 3 – Complete the online application procedure at CGS Information Management System for International Students (Visit http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina or http://www.campuschina.org and click “Application Online” to log in), submit online the completed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship, and print a hard copy. You should consult the dispatching authorities for overseas study of your home country for Instructions of CGS Information Management System for International Students and Agency Number;
- Step 4 – Submit all of your application documents to the dispatching authorities of your home country before the deadline.
15th April 2021
finduddannelse.dk Sustainability Scholarship
Sustainability Scholarship by finduddannelse.dk, a Danish platform for lifelong learning, is offering a Sustainability Scholarship to students from around the world who have applied (or will apply) for a Masters program that can help them make the world more sustainable. The Masters program in sustainability could be taught in any language, and in any part of the world.
The scholarship will be awarded for the fall/autumn semester of 2021.
Level/Field(s) of study:
Masters degree in sustainability
International students from around the world
finduddannelse.dk Sustainability Scholarship value/inclusions:
The scholarship award is up to €5000 to help cover tuition fees.
Applicants can be of any nationality, from any country, and they can undertake their Masters program study anywhere in the world. But it is important that you can argue why you have chosen your university and country when applying for this scholarship.
To be eligible, you must be applying for, or have applied for, an on campus Masters program in Sustainability, for studies commencing Fall Semester 2021 and must meet the entry requirements for the university or graduate school, including holding a valid undergraduate degree and meeting the language requirements for the program. Where applicable, you should also be eligible to obtain a relevant study visa for that program. Online degrees are not eligible.
Ideally, you should be an individual who is committed to taking action. Someone who is ideal would be for instance, one who is planning on starting a Masters degree that can help alleviate the impact of the climate change. You should be someone:
• With a global mindset, and interested in combating climate change – whether it be within clean energy, biology, architecture, economics, business, health, agriculture, law, political science, journalism, anthropology or any other relevant field.
• Motivated and inspired to positively change the world and
• Who is a high academic achiever with the grades to prove it
• Involved in sustainable initiatives and projects (volunteering work, job etc.) and
• Who is excited to take responsibility and determined effect change.
To be considered, you must submit your completed application by 12 April 2021. Applications must be submitted in English or Danish. In the application, you have to submit a short essay (500-700 words) on the following questions:
• What motivated you to choose this particular study program?
• How is your program going to help you fight/alleviate the impact of the climate change?
• Overall, how do you think education and the fight against climate change are connected?
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
For More Information Visit the Official Scholarship Webpage Here
Orskov Foundation Grants 2021 for Students in Developing Countries
Orskov Foundation Grants 2021 for Students in Developing Countries Orskov Foundation Grants 2021 The Orskov Foundation provides grants that help...
Oppenheimer Fund 2020/2021 to Visit University of Oxford
Oppenheimer Fund 2020:- Applications are invited from senior members of the University who wish either to visit one or more...
Mobility Grant at the University of Oldenburg in Germany, 2020
Mobility Grant 2020:- To help you to create your own path towards your dream career, the University of Oldenburg is...
Media Legal Defence Initiative (MLDI) Digital Rights Advancement Grants 2020 for Sub-Saharan African Countries
Digital Rights Advancement Grants 2020: Media Defence Centres About the Digital Rights Advancement Grants 2020 Award: MLDI has started a...
2020 Mobility Grants For BSc, MSc and PhD Students from Russia, South Africa, Iran, Indonesia and Vietnam
2020 Mobility grants:- Alliance 4 Universities call for applications for staff and student mobility with Russia, South Africa, Iran, Indonesia...
Welsh Government Wales for Africa Grant Scheme 2020 – Apply Now
Grants: The Welsh Government Wales for Africa Grant Scheme is open for application, and it will enable community groups and...
Studienbeihilfe Grants for Domestic and International Students at Austria, 2020
Postgraduate Grants for Domestic and International Students at Austria, 2020. Studienbeihilfe Grants for Domestic and International Postgraduate Students Applications are...
Eric Bleumink Funds for Developing Countries at University of Groningen 2020/2021 – The Netherlands
Eric Bleumink Fund 2020/2021:- The University of Groningen is offering research grants to students from developing countries wishing to undertake...
Global Network Initiative (GNI) Fellowship Program on Internet Freedom 2019 – Call for Applications
Global Network Initiative (GNI) Fellowship Program: Call for Applications:- Internews’ Global Technology team and the Global Network Initiative (GNI) warmly...
West African Research Center Travel Grant 2019
West African Research Center Travel Grant 2019 promotes Intra-African cooperation and exchange among researchers and institutions by providing support to...
Innopolis University 100% Study Scholarships
Russia Scholarships: Innopolis University is happy to offer successful candidates up to 100% scholarship and $200-600 monthly allowance to study Bachelor’s and Master’s degree...
Goi Peace Foundation International Essay Contest 2021 for Young People
Goi Peace Foundation International Essay Contest 2021:- The Goi Peace Foundation is now accepting entries from young people anywhere in...
National Life Science Competition 2021 For Nigerian Secondary School and Tertiary Institution Students
National Life Science Competition 2021 For Nigerian Secondary School and Tertiary Institution Students. National Life Science Competition The Science Communication...
African Union Continental Essay Competition 2021 for African Youths
African Union Continental Essay Competition 2021 for African Youths is open for application. The African Union (AU) is now accepting...
UBA Foundation National Essay Competition 2020 (₦6million in Prizes)
UBA Essay Competition 2020:- UBA Foundation, the corporate social responsibility arm of the United Bank for Africa (UBA) Plc, announces...
NANS Essay Competition 2020 for Secondary School Students | ₦400,000 in Cash Prizes
NANS Essay Competition 2020 for Secondary School Students is currently open for application. Award value is ₦400,000 in Cash Prizes....
Wole Soyinka Essay Competition 2020 for Young Leaders
Wole Soyinka Essay Competition 2020 for Young Leaders. The 11th edition of The Wole Soyinka Essay competition which is a...
Shell LiveWIRE ‘Top Ten Innovators’ Global Competition 2020 | Up to $30,000 in Prizes
Top Ten Innovators Global Competition 2020:- Applications are invited from eligible entrepreneurs for the Shell LiveWIRE ‘Top Ten Innovators’ Global...
Alibaba GET Global Challenge 2020: Digital Solutions During and Beyond COVID-19
Alibaba GET Global Challenge:- Alibaba Business School is now accepting entries from young budding entrepreneurs for its 2020 GET Global...
Wiki Loves Africa Photo Contest 2020 – Easy Steps to Apply Here.
Wiki Loves Africa 2020 Photo Contest:- Of all of the millions of subjects you can read about on Wikipedia, subjects...
Global Recycling Foundation – RecyclingHeroes Competition 2020 | $1,000 Prize
RecyclingHeroes Competition 2020 by Global Recycling Foundation is now accepting entries / nominations for its 2020 #RecyclingHeroes Competition. Global Recycling...
YouthLead Turning Point Contest 2020 for Young Changemakers
youthlead 2020 contest:- Participate and showcase your work globally! As a young changemaker, this YouthLead contest provides you with a...
Nigeria LNG (NLNG) Prize for Science 2020 | Up to $100,000 for Grab
NLNG Prize for Science 2020:- Nigeria LNG (NLNG) Limited invites entries for The Nigeria Prize for Science, in line with...
Nigeria Liquefied Natural Gas (NLNG) Prize for Literature 2020 | Up to $100,000 for Grab
NLNG Prize for Literature 2020:- Entries are hereby invited for The Nigeria Prize for Literature. The yearly literary prize is...
NITDA FutureHack 2020 Competition – Apply Now
NITDA FutureHack 2020 Competition:- The FutureHack is a national technology hackathon event, in which computer programmers and others involved in...
Tana Forum Annual University Essay Competition 2020
2020 Essay Competition:- The Tana Forum is an annual meeting that brings together African leaders and stakeholders to engage and...
Nelson Mandela World Human Rights Moot Court Competition 2020 for Law Students Worldwide
Nelson Mandela Competition:- You are cordially invited to participate in the 12th Nelson Mandela World Human Rights Moot Court Competition,...
St. Gallen Symposium Leader of Tomorrow Essay Competition 2020
Leader of Tomorrow Essay Competition is currently on. St. Gallen Symposium Leader of Tomorrow Essay Competition 2020 The St. Gallen...
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) 2019 Writing Competition III (3,000 USD cash prize)
ICRC writing competition III 2019: – The International Committee of the Red Cross is proud to organize for the third time...
Harvard Graduate School of Design’s 2020 Wheelwright Prize International Competition 2020 for early-career Architects ( $100,000 Travelling Fellowship)
Harvard Graduate School of Design’s 2020 Wheelwright Prize: The Harvard Graduate School of Design (Harvard GSD) is pleased to announce the 2020...
NHEF Scholarship Essay Competition 2019 for Nigerian Students
NHEF Scholarship Essay Competition 2019 for Nigerian Students:- Every year, the Nigeria Higher Education Foundation (NHEF) runs a Scholarship Essay...
Developing Country3 weeks ago
Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships
Africa1 week ago
Mandela Rhodes Foundation Scholarship
Masters2 weeks ago
Eira Davies Postgraduate Scholarships
Uncategorized2 weeks ago
BBNaija Season 6 Application Form 2021 – Requirement, Audition Date and Venue
Postgraduate7 months ago
870 Korean Government Scholarships 2021/2022 (Bachelors, Masters & PhD)for Developing Countries
Developing Country6 months ago
CICOPS Scholarships 2021 for Developing Countries – Apply Now
Developing Country3 weeks ago
Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program
Masters3 weeks ago
Saltire Scholarships by Scottish Government