MEST Africa Tech By Her Accelerator Program:- Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology (MEST) Africa is now accepting applications from female entrepreneurs for its 2020 Tech By Her Accelerator Program. The deadline for submission of applications for the MEST Africa Tech By Her Accelerator Program is 13th March, 2020.
MEST Africa Tech By Her Accelerator Program
Are you a female entrepreneur facing similar challenges and looking for an opportunity to grow and scale your business? Do you desire training, ecosystem support, resources, a dedicated business coach, and access to industry leaders?
Would you like to connect with other female founders in the tech ecosystem, share learning and experiences, and expand your Pan-African networks? Are you looking for a way to make an impact in your community? Apply for the MEST Africa Tech By Her Accelerator Program 2020.
The Tech By Her Accelerator is supporting burgeoning female-led tech ventures in becoming globally competitive and sustainable brands. It is powered by MEST with support from the Tech Entrepreneurship Initiative, ‘Make-IT in Africa’, (implemented by Deutsche für Gesellschaft Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) on behalf of the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development.
The purpose of the Tech By Her Accelerator program is to develop a strong Pan African female entrepreneurship community.
We’re achieving this by mentoring female founders and building an alumni network of successful Tech By Her Accelerator participants who become ambassadors for other upcoming founders.
You may also apply for the
They will be selecting ten (10) of the best and most impact female entrepreneurs in Ghana, Nigeria, and Kenya. Outside of drive, ambition, and a genuine interest in the growth of your business, you should also:
- Be a founder/co-founder of your organisation, female and available to participate fully in all aspects of the
- Be an early-stage startup and have achieved commercialisation and monetisation phase.
- Be technology-based, or have technology as the core enabler of the business.
- Have begun operations at least one (1) year before applying for this program and have a live product or service on the market.
- Be an African national or resident and have registered the business in one of the three operational countries (Ghana, Nigeria, and Kenya).
- Have evidence of revenue and a clearly demonstrated potential to scale.
- Be a business model with a social impact, i.e. with a solution to a problem as described in the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) (locally and/or globally)
- Be willing to organize at least one (1) community event in your operational country with support from the local MEST office.
- Be willing, as a founder, to be an ambassador of the program and of tech entrepreneurship, encouraging and motivating other females in the entrepreneurial space.
MEST Africa Program Benefits.
Selected fellows receive:
- Holistic Coaching and Training
- Access to industry leaders and experts from across the continent
- Supportive Community of leading female entrepreneurs
- Invitation to the alumni network of successful female entrepreneurs
- An expansive network of tech experts
- 2 Intensive Boot Camps in Accra, Ghana, all expenses paid
- 3 months of virtual mentoring and coaching
- Media publicity and visibility through MEST social media pages, websites and partner media.
How to Apply for MEST Africa Program.
For More Information Visit the Official MEST Program Webpage Here.