MTN 2019 MoMo API Developer Hackathon:- MTN is also a leading Fintech operator and MTN Mobile Money (MoMo) is available in 14 markets across Africa.
The range of solutions to close the financial services gap in the markets in which MTN operates requires partnerships with financial services providers, regulatory authorities, other mobile network operators, merchants, distributors, businesses, technology providers, entrepreneurs, and developers.
It is through working with its partners that MTN is improving the economic and social well-being of millions of Africans.
In its commitment to bridge the financial inclusion gap, MTN Group has made it’s Mobile Money platform available across its footprint through the MoMo API program.
Application Deadline: 09 December, 2019 12:59 AM WAT
MTN is now seeking businesses, entrepreneurs and developers across the continent to innovate around and leverage Mobile Money to accelerate financial inclusion and payment digitization.
MTN is excited to invite developers and entrepreneurs across 5 countries to participate in the MoMo API Hackathon.
The Hackathon which is in partnership with Ericsson will give App developers based in Ghana, Uganda, Cote d’Ivoire, Cameroon and Zambia the opportunity to come up with innovative financial and transactional applications using the MTN mobile money (MoMo) API platform.
MTN 2019 MoMo API Developer Hackathon Prizes
USD 7000 in prizes
1st Prize USD 2500
2nd Prize USD 2000
3rd Prize USD 1500
- This is a team participation hackathon. You can have at most 4members in your team. You can either invite your friends to form a team or you can request other teams to add you as a member. At least 2 members of your team must be located in the country you have applied from.
- It’s an online hackathon, so you can participate from anywhere.
- The hackathon comprises of two phases: The idea submission phase that commences at 00:01 on 21 October 2019and that ends at 23:59 on 08 December 2019 and then the build phase that will commence at 00:01 on 10 December 2019 and will end at 23:59 on 22 December 2019.
- Only the top 12(twelve) participants’ ideas per country (Cameroon, Cote d’Ivoire, Ghana, Uganda and Zambia) submitted during the idea submission phase will be invited to participate in the build phase to develop a working prototype of an App based on the idea submitted.
- There is one general theme for the hackathon and your hack must be in accordance with this general theme. You need to use the MTN Mobile Money APIsfor your hack.
- Once the hackathon starts, you will get an option to submit your hack, you can submit as many times as you want, the last hack will be considered as the final submission.
- You are expected to come up with new and innovative ideas, any idea that has been copied from somewhere will be disqualified.
- Your hack must be developed entirely during the Hackathon duration. You may use open source libraries and other freely available systems / services such as Google Maps, Facebook Connect, Twitter feeds etc., but you must comply with the relevant licences governing such libraries.
- The intellectual property in the App that you submit during the build phase belongs to you / your team.
- By participating in the hackathon, you agree to the terms and conditionsthat govern the challenge, as well as the terms and conditions of HackerEarth which will be facilitating the Challenge.
For More Information Visit the Official Webpage of the MoMo Developer Hackathon 2019
© copyright 2021 – All rights reserved