Women’s Leadership Accelerator 2020 program is a yearlong intensive program that supercharges the leadership and management skills of women who are pushing digital innovation.
Each year we welcome a cohort of women representing a range of backgrounds, expertise and newsrooms around the globe.
The Women’s Leadership Accelerator kicks off with an intensive week of mentoring, discussion and learning from some of the top minds in digital media.
Participants work closely with mentors on challenges unique to their careers and also receive support and coaching from ONA throughout the year.
Women’s Leadership Accelerator Program 2020 Requirements:
The Accelerator is designed for practitioners working in digital media, including freelancers, entrepreneurs and independent journalists, who are pushing innovation in digital media.
This means we’re looking for women who not only have an understanding of the digital journalism landscape but who are helping to advance it in innovative ways.
Applicants should have leadership experience, which can mean managing people or projects, and be committed to further developing their skills.
Innovation means different things in different markets, and we consider that when reviewing applications.
Application Deadline: October 31st 2019
The Women’s Leadership Accelerator provides:
- A week of hands-on personal and professional work; candid discussions about leadership, work-life balance and problem-solving in the newsroom; deep dives on developing leadership and management skills; inspiring visits to digital media organizations; and one-on-one mentoring from industry leaders.
- A year of check-ins and practical, targeted guidance and personal coaching on individual challenges.
- Registration, travel and accommodations for the 2020 Online News Association Conference (ONA20) in Atlanta.
- A half-day workshop for women in the program during ONA20.
- The opportunity to be a part of a cohort of peers to serve as a strong career-long support system.
The program culminates in a workshop at ONA’s annual conference.
- Oct. 2, 2019: Applications open
- Oct. 31, 2019: Applications close
- January 2020: Cohort announced
- March 2020: Accelerator in California
- Oct. 3, 2020: Final workshop at ONA20 annual conference in Atlanta