One World Scholarship is open for application. The One World Scholarship Program provides partial funding to Master’s and PhD students at public universities and universities of applied sciences in the Salzburg and Tyrol regions.
You may also apply for the Margaret Sharp Masters Scholarship 2021 here.
About the One World Scholarship:
The One-World Scholarship Program is for students from developing countries who want to study at universities in Salzburg or Tyrol (see list here).
Its goal is to promote peaceful coexistence amongst people from various nations of origin by promoting equitable opportunity, dialogue, intercultural knowledge, and collaboration.
The One-World-Scholarship-Program is a partial scholarship for students from Africa, Asia, and Latin America who have chosen to complete their study in Austria on their own initiative.
In their studies and research, potential grantees must focus on questions relevant to development.
Scholarship Value and Duration:
During the semester, Master’s students receive €500 and PhD students receive €550. The maximum duration is equal to the curriculum’s prescribed duration + one semester.
The OWS is a multi-faceted program that includes scholarships and specific study expenditures, as well as extracurricular training and follow-up contacts.
Formal requirements and conditions:
• The nationality of a developing country that is not in Europe (country list).
• admission to a Master’s or PhD program at a university or university of applied sciences in Salzburg or Tyrol (Uni Salzburg, Uni Innsbruck, FH Salzburg, MCI, FH Kufstein); for PhD students: admission to a Master’s or PhD program at a university or university of applied sciences in Salzburg or Tyrol (Uni Salzburg, Uni Innsbruck, FH Salzburg, MCI, FH Kufstein); for PhD students: admission to disposition has been authorized.
• for PhD students: approved disposition
• age limit: Master studies max. 30 years (mothers: 35 years), PhD studies max. 35 years (mothers: 40 years) at the time of application
• residence permit “student”
Financial necessity, evidence of strong progress in studies, and enthusiasm in development and appropriate specialization in studies are all conditions for a successful application.
How to Apply for the One World Scholarship:
Please email or use a free data transfer service like Wetransfer to send your complete application documents to office[at]aai-salzburg.at.
Following the examination of your application, you will be requested to participate in an online interview (via skype, zoom or webex). The application deadline is July 31, 2021.
For More Information Visit the Official Scholarship Webpage Here.