Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships:- The scholarship provides a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to pursue a two-year Master’s degree in a Commonwealth low- or middle-income country.
The scholarships, which are aimed at students who are committed to making a positive impact in their communities, are a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to travel to a new country and community, expand one’s horizons, and form a global network that will last a lifetime.
Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholars help to bring about social change and find solutions to the mutual problems we face, both in their home countries and in those that host them, through cultural exchange and scholarly collaboration. Scholars will help form the Commonwealth’s future as active members of the network.
Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships Partner Institutions
- The University of the South Pacific (USP)
- Papua New Guinea University of Technology
- North-West University
- Rhodes University
- Stellenbosch University
- University of Pretoria (UP)
- University of Venda
- University of Colombo
- University of Sri Jayewardenepura Sri Lanka (USJ)
Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships Eligibility.
- Open to Citizens of Commonwealth countries or those who hold refugee status in a Commonwealth country.
- Applicants must apply for a QECS award in a country other than their home country/country of citizenship.
- There is no upper age limit to be eligible for a QECS Award.
- You must have already completed your degree and have graduated with an equivalent of a 2:1 at the time of application. As part of the application process you will be asked to provide a copy of your final transcript and degree certificate.
Award recipients receive:
- Fully-funded tuition fees;
- Living expenses allowance (stipend) for duration of award;
- Return economy flights to their host country;
- An arrival allowance;
- Research support grant – on request only; subject to approval.
QECS Selection Criteria.
The selection committee assesses applications using four key criteria:
- Academic history/references
- Plan of Study
- Development Impact and Post Study Outreach
- Creating Networks
You may also apply for the Croatian Scholarships for young Christians from Developing Countries here.
How to Apply for Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships
Before submitting an application, review the available courses and entry requirements – in addition to the application guidance. Select a course that is offered at the university you select at the start of the form for your application to be counted.
To apply for a Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship, you must first create a MyACU account. This will enable you to save a draft application and to log back in to see the status of your application once it is submitted.
Closing date: 10 June 2021 at 15:00 UTC
For More Information Visit the Official Commonwealth Scholarships Website Here