Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarships to study in Germany is currently open for application from international students. Please see details on how to enter below.
About the Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarships:
The Scholarship Department of the Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung awards Masters and PhD scholarships to highly-qualified international students who wish to undertake studies in Germany.
They should be individuals demonstrating a high level of social and political engagement. In granting scholarships.
Preference is given to women, students of non-academic and migrant backgrounds, the socially needy, and people with disabilities, with achievement and commitment.
Applications from undergraduate and doctoral students from scientific and technical disciplines are actively encouraged, as well as from graduates of technical colleges.
Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarships Award Value:
The Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarship 2021 for international students is in the form of a living grant, for the duration of the standard study programme period.
Please take note that Tuition Fees for International Students are not covered.
The Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung’s Scholarship Department offers scholars a wide range of support, consisting of political education events and summer schools, workshops conducted both domestically as well as abroad, symposia and educational trips.
It also organizes practical training in fields such as rhetoric, conflict management and other key skills, time management and self-management, bolstering academic qualifications, text and writing workshops, and specific seminars on methodology.
You may also apply for the Gates Cambridge Scholarships for International Students here
- Students from all disciplines can apply for a scholarship. They need to show:
- High scholarly and professional qualifications (proof of above-average academic achievement at school and/or university)
- Political and social engagement in line with the aims of the Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung
- German language proficiency (B2 level or above).
- Information and evidence of current socio-political engagement (e.g. in anti-fascist / anti-racist / queer / feminist / social initiatives, trade union contexts, in academic self-administration, the environmental movement, etc.) are essential.
- Applicants without demonstrable socio-political commitment cannot be considered.
- Applicants will also be assessed on their personal/family background.
- International students who wish to apply for the Masters scholarship must possess a bachelor’s degree.
- Those who have already obtained a graduate diploma or Masters degree are not eligible for the Masters scholarship.
International applicants for the PhD in Germany with scholarship 2021 can be from any discipline, except medicine.
Applicants for scholarships for MA and doctoral students from Egypt, Libya, Lebanon, Tunisia, Yemen, Jordan, Morocco and Iraq can be graduate students pursuing their MA, Diploma or State Examination in Germany or doctoral students pursuing a PhD or doctoral research in Germany.
How to Apply:
It is important to visit the official website (link found here) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
ATTENTION: E-mails to YAHOO mailboxes cannot currently be received.
If you have a Yahoo address, you cannot currently use it to apply for this scholarship opportunity, as you cannot receive emails from Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung.
When you visit the Application page, simply change the language to English for none German applicants.
You may also apply for the UNIL Masters Grants in Switzerland for Foreign Students here.
The application deadline is 1 October 2021 for for grants beginning in the summer semester of the following year (1 April 2022). The application deadline is 1 April 2022 for grants beginning in the winter semester of the same year (1 October 2022).
For More Information Visit the Official Scholarship Website: https://www.rosalux.de/en/foundation/studienwerk