Saltire Scholarships is a programme of scholarships offered by the Scottish Government in collaboration with Scottish universities in the areas of science, technology, creative industries, healthcare and medical sciences, and renewable and clean energy.
About the Saltire Scholarships:
The Scottish Government, in collaboration with Scottish universities, are offering Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships to citizens of select countries who wish to study full-time Masters degrees in Scottish universities, in the areas of science, technology, creative industries, healthcare and medical sciences, and renewable and clean energy.
Scholarship Target Countries:
- China (including Hong Kong),
- Pakistan and,
Saltire Scholarships Field of Study:
Masters degree in science, technology, creative industries, healthcare and medical sciences, or renewable and clean energy offered at Scottish Universities. Distance learning courses are eligible.
Examples of subject areas include:
- Earth Sciences; Environment; Energy; Geology; Weather and Climate; Plants/Botany; Animals/Zoology.
- Software; Engineering; Bioinformatics; Information; Systems; Multimedia; Engineering; Computers.
- Communications, Media and Culture; Broadcasting; Film; Animation; Journalism; Cultural; Publishing; New Media Studies; Computer Games, Computer Arts; Design; Graphic; Industrial; Interior; Fashion.
Healthcare and medical sciences:
- Physical and Life Sciences; Astronomy; Chemistry; Physics; Biology; Health Sciences; Biotechnology.
Renewable and clean energy:
- Sustainable Engineering; Renewable Energy; Biomass / Bio fuels; Hydro / Solar / Tidal / Wind power.
You may also see this: Nottingham Developing Solutions Masters Scholarships.
Scholarship Value and Inclusion:
The Saltire Scholarships will be offered to 50 students.
Each award is worth £8000 to be used towards tuition fees for the duration of one (1) year of full time study on a Postgraduate Masters programme at any of Scotland’s higher education institutions.
Any additional costs and expenses are the responsibility of the student.
Eligibility for the Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships:
- Have a conditional or unconditional offer of a place at a Scottish university on an eligible course that will be delivered physically in Scotland or via distance online learning or via a combination of both.
- Be citizens of Canada, India, Japan, USA, Pakistan or China (Hong Kong citizens are also eligible as it is a Special Administrative Region of China)
- Be able to demonstrate that they can meet the costs of living in Scotland and the remaining tuition fees.
- Not have previously studied in Scotland.
- Not have previously received a Saltire Scholarship.
- Meet the language requirements of the course.
- Complete an application form and submit it by the closing date of 28 May 2021.
Applicants must demonstrate an interest in studying in Scotland and/or at a specific Scottish university and aspire to work and study in a global context and take a position of leadership in their chosen career.
They must also demonstrate a willingness and the necessary interpersonal and communication skills required to participate in the programme of activities that accompanies the scholarships.
How to Apply:
Before completing this application form please read the eligibility rules and FAQs. In order to apply for a Saltire Scholarship candidates must have a conditional or unconditional offer of a place at a Scottish university on an eligible course.
Start your Saltire Scholarships Application Here.
The deadline for Saltire Scholarship applications is Friday 28th May 2021 at midnight GMT.
For More Information Visit the Official Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships Webpage Here