Study in Mexico Undergraduate and Postgraduate Scholarships 2020 offered by the Mexican Government is a scholarship program for foreign or international students to study Undergraduates, Masters, and PhD degrees in Mexico.
For decades, the Mexican cultural diplomacy has worked in different successful programs, such as the human capital training through scholarships for academic degrees awarding and research work performing in different areas of knowledge.
The Directorate-General for Educational and Cultural Cooperation, through the Academic Exchange Department, designs and manages the Ministry of Foreign Affairs´ Scholarship Program for Foreigners.
The scholarships of the Mexican Government present two programs: the scholarship for academic studies and the scholarship for special programs.
Study in Mexico Undergraduate and Postgraduate Scholarships 2020
The scholarships for academic studies are offered to take complete programs for Specialization, Masters or PhD Degrees, and Postgraduate Researches. Likewise, the offer includes academic mobility for Bachelors (undergraduates) and Postgraduate Degree.
On the other hand, the scholarships for special programs are offered to take short-term fellowships addressed to Visiting Professors, Researchers in Mexico´s issues, Media Contributors, Art Production Fellowships, etc.
Selection Criteria and Eligibility: The scholarships will be awarded on academic excellence.
- Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s, Master’s or Ph.D. Degree, as required by the program for which the scholarship is requested. Technical and / or commercial degree titles are not accepted. For the cases of mobility at the Bachelor’s level, it will not be necessary to submit a diploma, only proof of studies of the last academic period completed, issued by the institution of origin.
- Candidates cannot be living in Mexico at the time of application.
- Applicants must have achieved a minimum grade point average of
eighty (80), on a scale of 0 to 100, or the equivalent, for the last academic degree received. Applications with a lower grade point average will not be considered
- The scholarships are not transferable and cannot be deferred to future years.
Number of Scholarships: Not known
-Enrollment fees and tuition
-Transportation from Mexico city to the Host Institution
- -Undergraduate and graduate academic mobility programs- one academic term (quarter, trimester or semester)
- Undergraduate: 4 years
- -Graduate research and postdoctoral fellowships-12 months (1 month minimum)
- -Specialization – 1 year
- -Master’s degree – 2 Years
- -Doctorate- 3 or 4 years
- -Medical specialties and subspecialties- 3 Years
- Africa: Algeria ,Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Chad, Comoros, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Malawi, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Nambia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of Congo, Rwanda, Saharawi, Arab Rep., Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe
- North America: United States, Canada and Canada / Province of Quebec
- Latin America: Argentina, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay and Venezuela,
- Caribbean: Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Puerto Rico (Commonwealth), Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname and Trinidad and Tobago,
- Asia: Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, Kingdom of China, People’s Rep., India, Indonesia, Japan, Kazakhstan, Korea, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Democratic Rep., Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, North Korea, Pakistan, Islamic Rep. of Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Thailand, Kingdom of Timor – Leste, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Vietnam and Socialist Rep. of
- Pacific: Australia, Cook Islands, Fiji Islands, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Nauru, New Zealand, Niue, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Independent State, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu and Vanuatu
- Middle East: Bahrain, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Palestinian National Authority, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates and Yemen, and
- Non-self Governing Territories: American Samoa, Anguilla, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Gibraltar, Guam, Montserrat, New Caledonia, Pitcairn, Saint Helena, Tokelau, Turks and Caicos Islands and United States Virgin Islands
How to Apply: (Download PDF Here)
Only applicants from Cuba, Saint Lucia, the Dominican Republic, Antigua and Barbuda, Trinidad and Tobago, Dominica, Barbados, Suriname, Guyana, Jamaica, Haiti, Nicaragua, Slovakia, Slovenia, Lithuania, Latvia, Turkey, Venezuela, New Zealand, the Palestine and the countries of the African continent may submit paper or online applications.
- Download Application Form (only for “Paper Applications”)
- Applications must be submitted online through the Academic Cooperation Management System (SIGCA https://sigca.sre.gob.mx, during the duration of the Call.
- It is important to go through ALL application requirements in the Award Webpages (see Links below) before applying.
- Wishing you the very best in your quest for free and quality education.
Application Deadline: 27th September 2019 at 15:00 (Local Time in Mexico City).