Taiwan Government is offering Undergraduate (Bachelors) and Postgraduate (Master’s and Doctoral) Scholarships to International Students for the duration of their degree program in 2020.
About the Taiwan Scholarship Program Award:
The Government of Taiwan through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) has established the Taiwan Scholarship Program for foreign students in an effort to encourage outstanding international students to undertake degree studies in Taiwan so as to familiarize themselves with the academic environment in Taiwan and promote communication, understanding and friendship between Taiwan and countries around the world.
The Taiwan Scholarship Program is jointly established and funded by three government agencies of the Republic of China (Taiwan) — the Ministry of Education (MOE), the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) and the National Science Council of the Executive Yuan (NSC)
Note: Scholarship will be taken at Universities and Colleges in Taiwan. You can find the list of universities in Taiwan here,
Which country is eligible for this scholarship?
The scholarship is open to all international students from any country (excluding students from Mainland China, Hong Kong and Macau).
Who is Eligible for this Scholarship?
Interested candidates must be a high school graduate or above with an excellent academic record.
He or she must be of good moral conduct or character, and must have no past or previous criminal record (s).
Nationals of the Republic of China (Taiwan) residing in China, as well as those living and studying overseas are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
This scholarship is open to students or applicants who have never attended an educational institution in Taiwan at the same level of degree or LEP that he or she intends to apply for.
Exchange student through any cooperation agreement between a foreign university/college and an educational institute in Taiwan is not eligible for this Scholarship.
Students whose scholarship has previously been revoked by an ROC government agency or other relevant institution are not eligible to apply for this scholarship opportunity.
Number of Scholarships Award:
The total number of scholarship to be awarded for this programme is not known, therefore, I will advise, that you follow carefully every information stated by the scholarship providers in order to be among the lucky winners or beneficiaries.
Benefits of the Taiwan Government Scholarship:
What do you stand to win?
Recipients or winners of the Taiwan Government scholarship will receive monthly allowances of NT$25,000 for the LEP category, and NT$30,000 for degree programs category.
Note: The selected recipients will be responsible for all other expenses during their stay in Taiwan, though the Taiwan Government will provide monthly stipend.
My candid advice to all students is to be prudent in spending.
Your one-way economy-class plane tickets for direct flights to and from Taiwan will be provided by MOFA. However, MOFA will not provide any other subsidies.
Duration of the Taiwan Scholarship:
The duration of each scholarship category are stated below:
The LEP category will be for 12 months, which is (1) one year.
Degree programs in Taiwan:
While those for the degree programs category are stated below:
(1) Undergraduate program will run for a maximum period of four (4) years
(2) Master’s program will run for a maximum two (2) years, while that of;
(3) Doctoral program will run for a maximum period of four (4) years
How to Apply:
To apply for this scholarship opportunity, interested candidates or applicants should send the following document within the specified period enclosed with their application to the nearest Taiwan Embassy or Representative Office in their country.
The required documents to be sent are stated below:
- Taiwan Scholarship Application Form – You can get the scholarship application form here (GET FORM)
- A copy of the applicant’s passport or other nationality certificates.
- A copy of the highest degree and academic transcripts. If issued by international educational institutions, these documents must be authenticated by an overseas Representative Office or be sealed and delivered by the awarding institutions.
Documents in a language other than Chinese or English must be translated into Chinese or English and the translated documents must be authenticated.
- A copy of admission application materials to universities/colleges in Taiwan (for example, copies of application fee remittance, application form, receipt of application from universities/colleges, e-mails, etc).
- A copy of a language proficiency certificate:
- A copy of results or certificate for the “Test of Chinese as a Foreign Language” (TOCFL) Basic or above.
- For applications to all-English programs, a copy of TOEFL test scores or other recognized English language proficiency exams or degrees awarded in English must be submitted.
English-speaking nationals are exempted from this rule.
- Two letters of reference signed and sealed in envelopes (i.e. from the principals, professors, or supervisors).
Note: Photocopies and email submissions of letters of recommendation will not be considered. So I will advise you beg your reference or referees to please forward your letter as stated above in a signed and sealed envelope (s).
- Additional documents as specified by the individual representative offices.
31st March 2020
For More Information Visit the Official Scholarship Webpage Here
© copyright 2021 – All rights reserved