Presidential Merit Scholarships: – Texas Tech University Presidential Scholarships are awarded to entering first-time freshman who show exceptional academic ability through superior test scores and class ranking.
Annual award amounts pay one-half toward fall and one-half toward spring terms. If you are a non-resident awarded a Presidential Scholarship, you will also qualify to pay in-state tuition.
All merit awards are guaranteed for students admitted by April 15th; admission after this date is limited only by availability of these scholarships.
Requirements for the Presidential Merit Scholarships
If a student is eligible to receive one Presidential Scholarship from the TTU Presidential Scholarship program, the Presidential offer replaces any other Presidential scholarship offers.
Presidential Merit Scholarships apply only to Texas Tech University programs of study.
Texas Tech University scholarships do not transfer to Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC), Texas Tech Costa Rica, or Angelo State University.
The opportunity to be considered for TTUHSC scholarships will be available when you apply for admission to a TTUHSC program of study.
Bonus Post: You May Also Apply for the Taiwan Government International Scholarship Programme 2020 – Apply Now.
In addition to test scores and class rank, to be eligible for the Presidential Scholarship, you must be an incoming freshman, first-year college student (college credits earned through dual-credit, CLEP, or AP do not disqualify you).
You must meet the following requirements throughout your TTU academic career:
- Maintain cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) as outlined on the “Terms and Conditions” tab of MyTech (see below).
- Maintain full time enrollment in a Texas Tech University academic program and accumulate at least 30 TTU hours per year (checked in May).
- Keep addresses, including email address, current on MyTech.
- Write a thank you letter to the scholarship donor when and as directed by the Texas Tech University Scholarship Office.
- Attend required donor events.
Note: TTU Costa Rica Students are not eligible for scholarships
© copyright 2021 – All rights reserved