UBA Essay Competition 2020:- UBA Foundation, the corporate social responsibility arm of the United Bank for Africa (UBA) Plc, announces the commencement of the 2020 edition of the UBA National Essay Competition for senior secondary school students in Nigeria.
About the UBA National Essay Competition 2020
Now in its 10th year, the National Essay Competition, targeted at senior secondary students in Nigeria is organized annually, as part of UBA Foundation’s education initiative which is aimed at promoting the reading culture and encouraging healthy and intellectual competition amongst secondary school students in Nigeria and across Africa.
The Competition provides a competitive platform to develop the intellectual and writing abilities of senior secondary school students in Nigeria.
UBA Foundation National Essay Competition 2020 Topic:
Do you think that the lock down during the Covid-19 pandemic was an essential measure in spite of the hardship it brought economically?
What would you have done differently and why?”
UBA Foundation National Essay Competition Eligibility:
- Be a Secondary School Student
- Must submit a handwritten essay (750 words MAX)
- Must submit a passport photograph
- Must submit a copy of a birth certificate, National ID or passport
- Entries received for the competition will be reviewed by a distinguished panel of judges made up of professors from reputable Nigerian Universities, who will then shortlist 12 essays for further assessment.
- Following this, a second round of competition will involve the 12 finalists who will write a second supervised essay from which three best essays will be selected as the overall winners from the 12 finalists emerged from the first round of the competition
UBA Foundation National Essay Competition Prizes:
- 1st Prize: ₦2.5million educational grant,
- 2nd Prize: ₦2million educational grant,
- 3rd Prize: ₦1.5million educational grant.
You may also see how to apply for the:
How to Apply for the UBA Competition:
- Applicant must submit their completed contact information (Name, Age, School, Address of school, Telephone Number, Residential Address and Email Address).
- Applicants must attach photocopies of their original birth certificates or international passport data page.
Application Deadline is October 2nd, 2020
Submit Your Application Here
or any UBA Branch Office Near you.
© copyright 2021 – All rights reserved