West African Research Center Travel Grant 2019 promotes Intra-African cooperation and exchange among researchers and institutions by providing support to African scholars and graduate students for research visits to other institutions on the continent.
West African Research Center Travel Grant 2019 funds may be used to:
- attend and present papers at academic conferences relevant to the applicant’s field of research;
- visit libraries or archives that contain resources necessary to the applicant’s current academic work;
- engage in collaborative work with colleagues at another institution;
- travel to a research site.
- A brief (50-80 word) abstract of the activity to be funded, beginning with a clear statement of purpose
- A description (6 double-spaced pages maximum) of the applicant’s research and how the proposed travel is relevant to this work. This should be presented in language understandable to non-specialist readers
- A proposed budget
- A curriculum vitae with research and teaching record when relevant
- If attending a conference, an abstract of the paper to be read and a letter of acceptance to the conference
- If visiting another institution, an invitation from host institution
- If travel is to consult archives or other materials, a description of the collections to be consulted and their significance to the applicant’s research
- For graduate students, a letter of recommendation by the professor overseeing their research
- Proof of citizenship in the form of a photocopy of the applicant’s passport (please note: this competition is open only to West African nationals eligible for non-immigrant visas to the U.S.).
Applications for West African Research Center Travel Grant 2019 (WARC) competition will open July 15th – Sept 15th, 2019.
Please note:- (for travel to take place between January 1 to June 30, 2020)