Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program. The 2021 Application Period will open on March 22, 2021 and close on May 21, 2021 for developing country nationals.
Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program:
The Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJ/WBGSP) is open to women and men from developing countries with relevant professional experience and a history of supporting their countries’ development efforts who are applying to a master degree program in a development-related topic.
Host Institutions/Programs of study:
JJWBGSP offers scholarships for 48 Participating Programs at universities in U.S., Europe, Africa, Oceania, and Japan in key areas of development, including economic policy management, tax policy, and infrastructure management.
A JJWBGSP scholarship provides tuition, a monthly living stipend, round-trip airfare, health insurance, and travel allowance.
Please note all JJ/WBGSP scholarships cover the duration of the graduate program or two years, whichever is less.
The applicant must meet the following eligibility criteria:
• Be a national of a World Bank member country on this list;
• Not hold dual citizenship of any developed country;
• Be in good health;
• Hold a Bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree earned at least 3 years prior to the Application Deadline date;
• Have 3 years or more of recent development-related work experience after earning a Bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree;
• Be employed in development-related work in a paid full- time position at the time of submitting the scholarship application. Have at least 3 years of paid development-related employment since earning a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent university degree) and acquired within the past 6 years from the date of the Application Deadline.
• On or before the Scholarship Application Deadline date, be admitted unconditionally (except for funding) for the upcoming academic year to at least one of the JJ/WBGSP participating master’s programs located outside of the applicant’s country of citizenship and country of residence listed at the time the call for scholarship applications opens.[the_ad_placement id=”all-in-feed”]The letter of admission must be uploaded before submitting your application.
• Not be an Executive Director, his/her alternate, and/or staff of any type of appointment of the World Bank Group or a close relative of the aforementioned by blood or adoption with the term “close relative” defined as: Mother, Father, Sister, Half-sister, Brother, Half-brother, Son, Daughter, Aunt, Uncle, Niece, or Nephew.
The 2021 Application round will open on 22 March 2021.
To be considered for a JJ/WBGSP scholarship, you must first apply and be unconditionally accepted for admissions to at least one of the Participating Programs.
The scholarship application must be submitted online before 21 May 2021.
In your application, YOU NEED TO UPLOAD AN UNCONDITIONAL LETTER OF ACCEPTANCE from a participating master’s degree program.
It is important to visit the Application Guidelines official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Website of the Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program:
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.worldbank.org/en/programs/scholarships