World Bank Youth Summit 2021
The primary goals of the Summit are to:
- Empower youth to explore innovative ideas to tackle development challenges
- Provide youth with the tools to build and engage in impactful projects
- Promote dialogue between youth, the WBG, and other key stakeholders globally
World Bank Youth Summit 2021 Application
The global nature of the COVID-19 pandemic calls for a coordinated effort toward recovery. The pandemic has resulted in the creation of not only a health crisis but also an economic one of a scale unprecedented in the recent years.
The 2021 Word Bank Youth Summit Competition awards the most cutting-edge idea that supports either of the two youth summit themes listed below:
A Resilient recovery for the People: Empowers people in fighting the consequences of the pandemic and addresses growing inequality in societies.
– OR –
A Resilient recovery for the Planet: Provides sustainable solutions to support the halt of climate change.
- You must be between the ages of 18 and 35 years.
- You must be a citizen of any of the World Bank member countries.
- This opportunity is open to students, as well as working people or any other occupation.
- To be part of this programme, you do not need to have prior experience in any particular field or topic.
- If you are chosen, you must be ready to implement the solution after the competition.
- Diverse team compositions are advised, but not required.
Proposals will be judged based on the following judging criteria:
(1) Clarity, scope and relevance of the problem and of the proposed solution;
(2) Innovation and originality;
(3) Feasibility of implementation and sustainability;
(4) Potential for impact.
The programme is open to all member countries of the World Bank.
So if you country is part of the world bank member countries, you are eligible to apply.
You may also see Charles Darwin University International Student Scholarships here.
Benefits and Value of World Bank Youth Summit 2021:
If you emerge as one of the winners of this summit, you will receive the following:
- Be mentored by Youth Summit 2019 finalists and World Bank experts.
- You will join a network of leading professionals and young social entrepreneurs around the world.
- Participate and learn in events and workshops.
- You will receive Seed-funding.
Application deadline for submission of your application form is March 31, 2021 (11:59 pm EST).
How to Apply for the World Bank Youth Summit 2021 Application Form:
Official World Bank Youth Summit Webpage:
For More Information on the World Bank Youth Summit 2021, Visit the Official Award Webpage Here.