YALI Power Africa Leadership Training Programme 2020. Are you a young woman working or involved in the African energy ecosystem? Do you want to improve your career and take off?
Are you ready to develop your leadership skills, strengthen your professional networks, capture new opportunities and demonstrate your desire to take on a greater role as a leader in this field?
Then apply to the Power Africa program of the Regional Leadership Center YALI Dakar to receive vocational training targeting young women leaders in the energy sector.
About the YALI Power Africa Leadership Training Programme 2020 Award:
Power Africa is a US Government initiative led by USAID that aims to double access to electricity in sub-Saharan Africa by 2030. This year, Power Africa joins the Regional YALI Leadership Center Dakar in the framework of the professional training program for a new generation of women leaders in the energy sector.
The training will focus on core leadership skills as well as entrepreneurship and public management in the energy sector.
Application Deadline: 21st October 2019 at 13:00 GMT.
Eligible Countries: Sub-Saharan African countries (see below)
To Be Taken At (Country): Dakar, Senegal
Eligibility: Applicant must:
- be a woman aged 18 to 35 on the dates scheduled for the session;
- to be able to express themselves in French;
- have experience in the energy sector;
- work in the energy sector in Africa or carry a project in the field;
- demonstrate a commitment to making a positive impact on their community, their country and the African continent;
- Have the capacity to fully and seriously commit to a residential training program in Dakar (Senegal) for four (4) weeks;
- Resident and national of one of the following 25 African countries : BENIN, BURKINA FASO, BURUNDI, CAMEROON, CAPE VERDE, CENTRAL AFRICA, COMOROS, COTE D’IVOIRE, DJIBOUTI, GABON, REPUBLIC OF GUINEA, GUINEA BISSAU, EQUATORIAL GUINEA , MAURITIUS, MADAGASCAR, MALI, MAURITANIA, NIGER, DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF CONGO, REPUBLIC OF CONGO, SAO TOME AND PRINCIPE, SENEGAL, SEYCHELLES, CHAD and TOGO ;
- have a passport with a minimum validity of 6 months (compared to the training period) if you are a national of one of the 16 following countries: BURUNDI, CAMEROON, CAPE VERDE, CENTRAL AFRICA, COMOROS, DJIBOUTI, GABON, EQUATORIAL GUINEA , MAURITIUS, MADAGASCAR, NIGER, DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF CONGO, REPUBLIC OF CONGO, SAO TOME AND PRINCIPE, SEYCHELLES AND CHAD.
have a passport or a piece of ID readable with a validity of 6 months minimum (compared to the training period) if you are a national of one of the following 9 countries: BENIN, BURKINA FASO, COTE D’IVOIRE, REPUBLIC GUINEA, GUINEA BISSAU, MALI, MAURITANIA, SENEGAL and TOGO
Eligible and encouraged to participate are young women from rural areas who are disabled, economically disadvantaged or from other minorities.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- There is no fee for submitting your application;
- There is no registration fee for training once you are selected;
- If you are selected, the YALI DAKAR Regional Leadership Center will take care of your plane ticket, accommodation and catering.
Duration of Programme: 20th January-14th February 2020
How to Apply:
- Go to www.yaliafriquedelouest.org and click on the button Then create an account or sign in if you have already created an account for the power africa program.
- If you have any questions or are having trouble submitting your application, please contact us at email@example.com ;
All costs related to the training are supported by the YALI DAKAR Regional Leadership Center thanks to the support of the partners.
© copyright 2021 – All rights reserved
Mandela Rhodes Foundation Scholarship
Mandela Rhodes Foundation Scholarship application is now open. See details below on how to apply.
Mandela Rhodes Foundation Scholarship:
The Mandela Rhodes Foundation is now accepting applications from academically excellent young Africans for its 2022 postgraduate scholarship award to study at a South African tertiary institution. The deadline for submission of applications for the Mandela Rhodes Foundation Scholarship is 20th April, 2021.
Mandela Rhodes Foundation Scholarship Programme is calling for applications. The Scholarship provides full funding for up to a maximum of two years of postgraduate study for an African citizen at recognised South African institutions.
The programme is built on the Foundation’s founding principles of reconciliation, education, entrepreneurship, and leadership, and a belief that leadership begins with inner transformation.
They aim to keep Nelson Mandela’s legacy alive by equipping young African leaders with the competence and courage to transform the continent into a place where everyone has equal opportunity to thrive.
The Foundation’s programme is delivered primarily through a series of week-long residential workshops which you will attend during your time in residence.
Who can apply for Mandela Rhodes Foundation Scholarship
You are eligible if:
- You are between the ages of 19 and 29;
- Are a citizen of any African country;
- Have a first degree with above average academic results (70% or upper second).
Benefits of Mandela Rhodes Foundation Scholarship
The scholarship covers
- Tuition and registration fees as set by your university or institution
- A study materials allowance as set by the MRF
- Accommodation and meal allowances as set by the MRF
- A medical aid allowance as set by the MRF
- A personal allowance as set by the MRF
- Research and conferencing grants can be made available on request
- Economy-class flights for international scholars from their home countries to their institutions at the start and end of their studies
They are looking for young Africans who have demonstrated the potential to embody our founding principles of reconciliation, education, entrepreneurship, and leadership. You must have already assumed leadership and made an impact on your campus or community.
Application Key Dates
- March: Applications open on Tuesday, 23 March 2021. Candidates can add recommenders on the platform and begin uploading their documentation and working on their personal essays. See ‘requirements’.
- April: Applications close by the end of Tuesday, 20 April 2021. No late or incomplete applications will be accepted under any circumstances.
- June: You will be notified by the end of June whether or not you are through to Round Two.
- July: You will be notified by the end of July whether or not you are through to Round Three.
- August: You will be notified by the end of August if you are invited for an interview in the Final Round, or if you have been unsuccessful.
- October: Interviews will be conducted virtually this year. You will be notified by the end of October if you are selected as a Mandela Rhodes Scholar.
- October-December: Selected Mandela Rhodes Scholars must do their best to secure acceptance at their university of choice, and their study visa for travel to South Africa in January.
How to Apply for Mandela Rhodes Foundation Postgraduate Scholarship
Step 1: Check programme requirements
Step 2: Get your documents ready
- Recommenders: They require three letters of recommendation as part of your application. Your recommenders must submit their letters through the application platform. Without these letters, you cannot submit your application. Get in touch with three people who have relevant experience of you and insight into your character as soon as possible – even before applications open – to ask them permission and give them time to write their letters. Once you register a recommender on the platform, they will receive an email asking them to log on and upload their letter.
- Documentation: You will be required to upload certificates of completion for your degrees, transcripts of your academic results, and scans of your ID and passport documents.
- Essays: You will be asked to write two short essays, one on your personal journey, and one on a specific question relating to our principles.
- Application for university: You will be asked to fill in your proposed course of study on your application. They do not require proof that you have applied, but they recommend that you apply as soon as possible, and to more than one university.
STEP 3: Apply online!
For More Information Visit the Official Scholarship Webpage Here.
African Union Continental Essay Competition 2021 for African Youths
African Union Continental Essay Competition 2021 for African Youths is open for application. The African Union (AU) is now accepting applications from African Youth of age 18-35 years for its 2021 Continental Essay Competition.
The deadline for the submission of applications for the African Union Continental Essay Competition is 19th April 2021.
African Union Continental Essay Competition 2021
An opportunity for African Youth to share their thoughts, ideas and experiences on the “Leadership for the Africa We Want”, and have their winning entries contribute to the Pan-African Young Leaders Training Manual
Theme: “Leadership for the Africa We Want”
Essays will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Recognition and awarding of winners:
Participation is voluntary. Winners will be awarded a certificate of recognition, featured on the Pan-African Young Leaders Program webpage and their ideas included in the Pan-African Young Leaders Training Manual
AU Continental Essay Competition 2021 Application Criteria and Procedure:
- The Essay is submitted by an African Youth of age 18-35 years and who is a citizen of any of the 55 member states of African Union
- African Youth residing either in Africa or in the diaspora
- The Essay has a maximum of a 1000 words
- Young women are highly encouraged to participate in the competition
- The Essay is submitted in PDF to the email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit a copy of your national ID or passport
- The Essay should be submitted in one of the official African Union languages.
Application Start Date:
- Continental call for essays starts 19th March 2021
- Close of entries: 19th April 2021
HEARD PhD Scholarship 2021 – See Easy Way to Apply
HEARD PhD Scholarship 2021 is open for applications from interested and qualified candidates. See details on how to apply below.
About the HEARD PhD Scholarship 2021:
The scholarship is aimed producing expertly qualified graduates to advise or to be part of influential policy-making or programme implementing entities in Africa, and to pursue additional research priorities.
Applications are invited from citizens of all African countries. Female candidates and, in the case of South Africa, those from previously disadvantaged backgrounds, are especially encouraged to apply.
Also candidates must:
- Hold a Master’s Degree in a pertinent subject or a first or upper second class degree together with a track record of professional experience in a health or health-related field.
- Have demonstrable research experience.
- Undertake to register for a PhD dissertation (full time) at the University of KwaZulu–Natal (UKZN).
- Make a commitment to remain on the African continent for at least TWO years after graduation.
To be Taken at (Country): South Africa
Value of HEARD PhD Scholarship 2021:
The value of each scholarship is R540, 000 and will be paid in equal tranches over three years and payments will be conditional on research progress.
Successful candidates are required to be based in Durban, South Africa, for the duration of the scholarship, with the exception of the time during which they may undertake field research elsewhere.
Duration of HEARD Scholarship:
The HEARD PhD scholarship will be for 3 years.
How to Apply for the HEARD PhD Scholarship 2021:
- A letter of motivation and CV.
- An eight to ten-page concept note on one of HEARD’s key thematic research areas: Sexual & Reproductive Health and Rights; Gender Equality and Health; Health Governance and Finance; and Health Systems Strengthening.
- Certified copies of both your academic qualifications and your full academic records. If qualifications were obtained from non-English speaking countries please ensure that an official English translation is included.
- A certified copy of your ID/passport.
- Two letters of reference, at least one of which must be academic. The second can be from an individual of professional standing.
- Applications must be submitted to Ms Cailin Hedderwick, PhD Programme Manager (Hedderwick@ukzn.ac.za) by 15 April 2021.
For More Information Visit the Official HEARD Scholarship Webpage Here.
Orskov Foundation Grants 2021 for Students in Developing Countries
Orskov Foundation Grants 2021 for Students in Developing Countries Orskov Foundation Grants 2021 The Orskov Foundation provides grants that help...
Oppenheimer Fund 2020/2021 to Visit University of Oxford
Oppenheimer Fund 2020:- Applications are invited from senior members of the University who wish either to visit one or more...
Mobility Grant at the University of Oldenburg in Germany, 2020
Mobility Grant 2020:- To help you to create your own path towards your dream career, the University of Oldenburg is...
Media Legal Defence Initiative (MLDI) Digital Rights Advancement Grants 2020 for Sub-Saharan African Countries
Digital Rights Advancement Grants 2020: Media Defence Centres About the Digital Rights Advancement Grants 2020 Award: MLDI has started a...
2020 Mobility Grants For BSc, MSc and PhD Students from Russia, South Africa, Iran, Indonesia and Vietnam
2020 Mobility grants:- Alliance 4 Universities call for applications for staff and student mobility with Russia, South Africa, Iran, Indonesia...
Welsh Government Wales for Africa Grant Scheme 2020 – Apply Now
Grants: The Welsh Government Wales for Africa Grant Scheme is open for application, and it will enable community groups and...
Studienbeihilfe Grants for Domestic and International Students at Austria, 2020
Postgraduate Grants for Domestic and International Students at Austria, 2020. Studienbeihilfe Grants for Domestic and International Postgraduate Students Applications are...
Eric Bleumink Funds for Developing Countries at University of Groningen 2020/2021 – The Netherlands
Eric Bleumink Fund 2020/2021:- The University of Groningen is offering research grants to students from developing countries wishing to undertake...
Global Network Initiative (GNI) Fellowship Program on Internet Freedom 2019 – Call for Applications
Global Network Initiative (GNI) Fellowship Program: Call for Applications:- Internews’ Global Technology team and the Global Network Initiative (GNI) warmly...
West African Research Center Travel Grant 2019
West African Research Center Travel Grant 2019 promotes Intra-African cooperation and exchange among researchers and institutions by providing support to...
Innopolis University 100% Study Scholarships
Russia Scholarships: Innopolis University is happy to offer successful candidates up to 100% scholarship and $200-600 monthly allowance to study Bachelor’s and Master’s degree...
Goi Peace Foundation International Essay Contest 2021 for Young People
Goi Peace Foundation International Essay Contest 2021:- The Goi Peace Foundation is now accepting entries from young people anywhere in...
National Life Science Competition 2021 For Nigerian Secondary School and Tertiary Institution Students
National Life Science Competition 2021 For Nigerian Secondary School and Tertiary Institution Students. National Life Science Competition The Science Communication...
African Union Continental Essay Competition 2021 for African Youths
African Union Continental Essay Competition 2021 for African Youths is open for application. The African Union (AU) is now accepting...
UBA Foundation National Essay Competition 2020 (₦6million in Prizes)
UBA Essay Competition 2020:- UBA Foundation, the corporate social responsibility arm of the United Bank for Africa (UBA) Plc, announces...
NANS Essay Competition 2020 for Secondary School Students | ₦400,000 in Cash Prizes
NANS Essay Competition 2020 for Secondary School Students is currently open for application. Award value is ₦400,000 in Cash Prizes....
Wole Soyinka Essay Competition 2020 for Young Leaders
Wole Soyinka Essay Competition 2020 for Young Leaders. The 11th edition of The Wole Soyinka Essay competition which is a...
Shell LiveWIRE ‘Top Ten Innovators’ Global Competition 2020 | Up to $30,000 in Prizes
Top Ten Innovators Global Competition 2020:- Applications are invited from eligible entrepreneurs for the Shell LiveWIRE ‘Top Ten Innovators’ Global...
Alibaba GET Global Challenge 2020: Digital Solutions During and Beyond COVID-19
Alibaba GET Global Challenge:- Alibaba Business School is now accepting entries from young budding entrepreneurs for its 2020 GET Global...
Wiki Loves Africa Photo Contest 2020 – Easy Steps to Apply Here.
Wiki Loves Africa 2020 Photo Contest:- Of all of the millions of subjects you can read about on Wikipedia, subjects...
Global Recycling Foundation – RecyclingHeroes Competition 2020 | $1,000 Prize
RecyclingHeroes Competition 2020 by Global Recycling Foundation is now accepting entries / nominations for its 2020 #RecyclingHeroes Competition. Global Recycling...
YouthLead Turning Point Contest 2020 for Young Changemakers
youthlead 2020 contest:- Participate and showcase your work globally! As a young changemaker, this YouthLead contest provides you with a...
Nigeria LNG (NLNG) Prize for Science 2020 | Up to $100,000 for Grab
NLNG Prize for Science 2020:- Nigeria LNG (NLNG) Limited invites entries for The Nigeria Prize for Science, in line with...
Nigeria Liquefied Natural Gas (NLNG) Prize for Literature 2020 | Up to $100,000 for Grab
NLNG Prize for Literature 2020:- Entries are hereby invited for The Nigeria Prize for Literature. The yearly literary prize is...
NITDA FutureHack 2020 Competition – Apply Now
NITDA FutureHack 2020 Competition:- The FutureHack is a national technology hackathon event, in which computer programmers and others involved in...
Tana Forum Annual University Essay Competition 2020
2020 Essay Competition:- The Tana Forum is an annual meeting that brings together African leaders and stakeholders to engage and...
Nelson Mandela World Human Rights Moot Court Competition 2020 for Law Students Worldwide
Nelson Mandela Competition:- You are cordially invited to participate in the 12th Nelson Mandela World Human Rights Moot Court Competition,...
St. Gallen Symposium Leader of Tomorrow Essay Competition 2020
Leader of Tomorrow Essay Competition is currently on. St. Gallen Symposium Leader of Tomorrow Essay Competition 2020 The St. Gallen...
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) 2019 Writing Competition III (3,000 USD cash prize)
ICRC writing competition III 2019: – The International Committee of the Red Cross is proud to organize for the third time...
Harvard Graduate School of Design’s 2020 Wheelwright Prize International Competition 2020 for early-career Architects ( $100,000 Travelling Fellowship)
Harvard Graduate School of Design’s 2020 Wheelwright Prize: The Harvard Graduate School of Design (Harvard GSD) is pleased to announce the 2020...
NHEF Scholarship Essay Competition 2019 for Nigerian Students
NHEF Scholarship Essay Competition 2019 for Nigerian Students:- Every year, the Nigeria Higher Education Foundation (NHEF) runs a Scholarship Essay...
Postgraduate7 months ago
870 Korean Government Scholarships 2021/2022 (Bachelors, Masters & PhD)for Developing Countries
Africa2 weeks ago
Mandela Rhodes Foundation Scholarship
Developing Country4 weeks ago
Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships
Masters3 weeks ago
Eira Davies Postgraduate Scholarships
Developing Country6 months ago
CICOPS Scholarships 2021 for Developing Countries – Apply Now
Developing Country3 weeks ago
Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program
Uncategorized3 weeks ago
BBNaija Season 6 Application Form 2021 – Requirement, Audition Date and Venue
Nigeria8 months ago
Midwestern Oil and Gas JV Secondary School And University Scholarship 2020/2021